Zell Miller - Speech

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 2, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

look, no party will serve you perfectly. it is the nature of the two party system. there are some wild allegiances formed, and seemingly opposed groups have to work together. the fact is there are tons of things i hate about the republicans.

in both parties there are subgroups that you might find to your liking. for example republicans have the giuliani social moderates, the santorum religious right wingers, martin's free market/national defense athiests. you just have to decide what issues matter most and side with that party, in spite of your problems with the rest of the platform.

the country can never really be united. it sucks that you end up in alliances with people you dont like, but that is the only way to get power. that is why politicians have to flip flop so much. they have to align themselves exactly the right way to get the most votes, and that changes over time.

it is spelled "campaign". looks like you were halfway to "champagne" there. :thumb:

sure, the political climate is hot as hell right now, both sides are getting angry and bitter, but thats what happens periodically, it is no big deal.

just realize that if you care about national security more than anything else, and you should, you will vote bush. he will make decisions for our safety, regardless of the political fallout. and thats what leaders should do, make our well-being a higher priority than our national image.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

You cannot be serious. For around 20 years Kerry has consistently voted against funding (or for cutting) key military programs, which has also matched his comments and speeches about his views at the time (which is what Miller brought up on hardball) and that is far different than overseeing a reduction in forces due to the ending of the cold war and following the first President Bush's plans in 91 and 92 as the Sec of Defense.

Surely you are not saying we should believe what a politician says over what he/she votes.

He would be held accountable to that record one way or the other particularly if it was on key votes and was of a consistent nature and if he missed votes consistently and missed intelligence committee meetings consistently.

If you can look at Kerry's record while in congress and justify your vote by believing he has a strong record of supporting the military then you have a better imagination than I do. If however you look at Kerry's record and see his actual record on defense, weapons, intelligence, taxes, tax cuts, gay marriage, legal reform, abortion, and so on and agree with his votes or agree with enough strongly then by all means cast that vote for Kerry. Just do not kid yourself about his military votes and positions while in congress.

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Maybe it’s me but I don’t understand how some people can look at the quote that Bush made and try to use it as we will never win or so on....

I mean, to me, that just shows either the lack of reading comprehension or just the overall IQ of the person.

Read the entire thing.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Oh give me a break, please. I thought I was reading a contructive response then I got to that; it was a true demonstration of the very divide I described and was displayed by you in a puerile fashion.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

:rofl::rofl:

2 negatives rep points.

Truth hurts to some :thumb:

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You're trying to reason with Monkeys :dis:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

get over yourself dude. i even put the stupid little smiling dude icon there so you wouldnt get mad. i guess it isnt possible to correct horrible spelling without people getting mad. if you correct me, i would be glad you taught me how to spell.

plus the rest of the content of that post was spectacular.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

As I said, it was a constructive post until that point.

I just need to forget how to speak french and then I won't use french versions of words while typing in english. :)