Yo Rexie, tell us again how good cnn is

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Apr 13, 2022.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Its because their overall ratings continue to plummet. Not sure why the brain trust would think a new venture like CNN+ would work. Guess they over estimated the number of people like @Rex that they could manipulate. Instead viewers are leaving in droves. Rex is one of the only ones left.

Respected? Gold standard? I think not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjo...llapse-prime-time-down-nearly-70-in-key-demo/

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

Because they have morons like Brian Stelter on the screen, good God what an imbecile! This is the guy that rexie gets his news from, lmao

fanatic likes this.
  5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Guys, come on. Rex is told by CNN that he should like and respect them. They tell him all the time.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I am done with networks slapping a + sign on the end of their letters and charging a monthly fee.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

off topic i guess, but elon musk is trying to save humanity by buying twitter completely, and making it s true free speech venue. that guy is is a fucking boss. we need to change that rule that doesnt allow foreigners to be president.

Frogleg and shane0911 like this.
  8. shane0911

He just put them in an impossible position. I don't know how they can reject the offer

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if there is one thing i dont understand its how corporate takeovers work so i am clueless.

what i wonder is if he would let trump back on, and how that might lead to him winning again.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

from the SEC filing:

"
    I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy.

However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.

As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced. My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.

Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.

Script

[SEND VIA TEXT]

As I indicated this weekend, I believe that the company should be private to go through the changes that need to be made.

After the past several days of thinking this over, I have decided I want to acquire the company and take it private.

I am going to send you an offer letter tonight, it will be public in the morning.

Are you available to chat?

[VOICE SCRIPT]

1. Best and Final:
    a. I am not playing the back-and-forth game.
    b. I have moved straight to the end.
    c. It's a high price and your shareholders will love it.
    d. If the deal doesn’t work, given that I don’t have confidence in management nor do I believe I can drive the necessary change in the public market, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.
    i. This is not a threat, it's simply not a good investment without the changes that need to be made.
    ii. And those changes won't happen without taking the company private.

2. My advisors and my team are available after you get the letter to answer any questions
    a. There will be more detail in our public filings. After you receive the letter and review the public filings, your team can call my family office with any questions."