WR Rueben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

What's done is done. I think Rueben Randle's father is just not what one would consider to be very articulate. What he said may not be exactly what he meant to say.

I wouldn't call him a whacko for it. I wouldn't call him unethical for it.

He's just a man nervously speaking his mind on the eve of the biggest day in his son's life, and by extension in his family's life.

Cut the dude some slack. I can't wait to see his son play.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Considering how good the whole family was at not giving interviews for over a year, if he really had that conversation on Sunday with Miles, why did he need to go on the radio and let the public know what position he put LSU/Miles in? Calculated or stupid, it was a bad idea and he is catching some of the backlash as well as Miles.

They both deserve it.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Folks, why don't we just let this one go now. IT'S OVER. Time to move on. :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  4. bigloggerhead

bigloggerhead The voice of reason

Agreed! This is done. I think that if anyone of us were in Miles's or Emmitt's shoes we would have done the same thing. No reason to cry about it now.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Per Sam Nader, Randle did not commit to LSU until about 11:00PM the night before NSD. His announcement was not held up at the Bash to build suspense but rather because Randle and his family forgot to send in the fax although they did mail in the FEDEX package of signing material. Coach McCarthy had to coordinate a search throughout Bastrop to get a new LOI signed and faxed in. It arrived at the coaches' office just as they were boarding the bus on the way to the Bash.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Oops... did I do that? [​IMG]

(The above image and opinion are that solely of the registered guest only and any digression from polital correctness is purely accidental and not intended as a reflection on tigerforums.com, it's owners, administrators, moderators, guests, and any resemblance to nerds, or dweebs living or dead is non intentional, purely coincidental and is for entertainment purposes only; not intended as an inducement to bet or wager.)