WR Kendall Kelly

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 4, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Kendall Kelly

Not anywhere close to a reach.

Wink.

Watch for LSU to press for Kelly.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Tease.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Hearing there is a VERY REAL shot at Kelly now...having RR and Kelly would make me feel a lot better about our future WR position.

4. islstl

I would have to say Kelly is at worst a flip of the coin right now for LSU vs. whomever else he ends up considering (most likely Bama).

LaFell has really opened up the door for Kelly. Remember, Kelly is the one who let the cat out of the proverbial bag when mentioning LaFell was leaving early. It obviously has an effect on how he thinks about LSU.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I would rather have LaFell stay than get Kelly. Not that it is an option of one or the other, but I would take one more year from our best WR than potential any day. Since we are into recruiting we look at it in a more positive light than most fans.

6. islstl

I agree. Jefferson needs a security blanket this coming season. LaFell was that blanket.

7. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Founding Member

I think Tolliver will be JJ security blanket. He was showing a lot of confidence in him at the end of the year. I don't think we lose a beat. After Reed it was Clayton then Bowe then Doucet then Lafell now Tolliver. Add Benton, Randle and Peterson and we have lightning in a bottle.

8. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I think you guys are going to like Peterson. He and Lavar Edwards might be the most underrated recruits in our class last year as far as rankings go. LSU coaching staff is glowing about Peterson and Edwards is a physical specimen much like Tyson Jackson.

Just fyi, Lafell isn't official either. He'll announce tomorrow. I think hes waiting to see if a few other receivers go pro, like Harvin. He'd easily be top 3 WR next year as long as he didn't get a major injury. Can't blame him for going pro, I always was very high on him. I personally think hes easily the best route-runner of any receiver in this class. That is saying a lot because a lot of Pro receivers aren't even polished route-runners.

9. careeves

careeves Freshman

I really would not put to much into thinking that Kendall Kelly separates from team mate and best friend Dre Kirkpatrick. Plus he likes the idea of playing with Jerrell Harris again another former Gasden City player. I might be wrong, but what I are hearing and reading Kendall will sign with Alabama on NSD.

10. islstl

That's logical, but we have heard just the opposite at various times in the recruitment of Kelly, especially lately when LSU talk heated up. Meaning, it wasn't such a big deal.