WR Kendall Kelly

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 4, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Re: Kendall Kelly

I was just kidding. I wonder how he went to Etowah anyways...some weird lines up there.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Gadsden city schools pretty much suck on the level of Mobile and Birmingham city school districts. Maybe he was fortunate enough to live outside of their zoning.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

From BOL:

"I've got Clemson (1-16) and LSU (1-23) lined up for visits. I won't make a decision before then and I'm still going to stay open-minded until the last of my visits," Kelly said. "LSU has really made a big push here lately. Coach (Les) Miles came to the school last week and he told me how they have no wide receivers really. He said Demetrius Byrd is graduating and Brandon LaFell was going pro. That only leaves them with one wide receiver."

I wouldn't read much into the Lafell going pro thing. My guess is Miles told him it's a possibility but nothing was definite and the kid kinda ran with it. From all indications, Lafell is definitely coming back for his senior season.

I would love to land Randle and Kelly.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

A Bama friend of mine text me telling me about how KK said that CLM told him that LaFell was going pro. I hope LaFell comes back. However, if LaFell DOES declare for the draft, RR would definely take note. There is a silver lining to every cloud, however I'd like much better to have Kelly, LaFell, Benton and RR.

5. islstl

We certainly don't need a bunch of inexperienced receivers out on the field in support of JJ, that's for sure. I don't care how talented they are. It will take time to mature and do the right things out on the field. Heck, Toliver is still learning on the job going into his 3rd year.

We need Lafell badly to come back. The continuity of this offense depends on it.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

FWIW - a well-respected dood on TOS seems adamant that LaFell is back next year. Not even a question - 100%. Like I said - FWIW.

7. islstl

I certainly am not worried about it.

8. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Founding Member

If we were to pick up Kelly, would this ease the loss of Debose at all? Will Bell stay committed or do ya'll see him having a chance to decommitt?

9. islstl

Bell is in the barn.

I would be more worried about Randle if we get a commit from Kelly anytime soon. They are both going to play the same position. Benton as well. That would be 3 guys basically being the same kind of receiver. Debose would have been a slot guy, not effecting Randle's recruiting whatsoever.

I wonder if Kelly is a backup plan for Randle. It's hard to tell right now.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I know this is a reach...but with jojo going pro, this could open the possibility of getting Kelly and Randle.

Just thinking out loud