WR Andre DeBose

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Apr 9, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Andre DeBose

I dunno about that.

If Harvin stays, who knows.

I assume Debose wants to see the field his true freshman season. He might look at LSU now as being that team that affords him that possibility.

Still Florida = 80 %

2. Showtime

Showtime Founding Member

The likelihood of Harvin staying is slim to none, at least in my opinion.
    I guess Tebow returning and Spikes staying aids Harvin's outlook on a possible return, but I just don't see it.

Even if Harvin does return, we need someone at the receiver position. Louis Murphy graduated.

If the kid wants to play RB, isn't he in about the same boat at LSU as he is in at Florida? :huh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys have a bevy of talented backs just like Florida.

3. islstl

Debose wants to playing RB?

That's news to me.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

1st Ive heard of him wanting to play RB :confused: ...and especially this playing a role in which school he chooses. bottom line, I think UF is sitting pretty here...JMHO

5. Showtime

Showtime Founding Member

It's a possibility. I figure if Harvin did it, Meyer will put DeBose in the backfield or have some plays designed for him to get the ball in space.

If he isn't a running back, he'll play the role of that position at times.

I think you can expect him to get some carries.

Again, I am basing this off of what we've done with Percy Harvin. It could be totally different.

6. islstl

Deonte Thompson is going to be starting opening day 2009 I would assume. He enters his 3rd season at Florida.

Carl Moore will be a senior (JC transfer) and a significant part of the plan in the passing game. Riley Cooper will be competing heavily for PT as well.

That's 4 wideouts with some level of significant PT from last season.

Debose won't see the field much in '09 based on that lineup.

LSU will have Terrance Toliver. That's it. The rest of the depth chart is wide open.

After 2009, LSU and Florida are what and what depth wise at WR.

7. Showtime

Showtime Founding Member

David Nelson will play some as well.

I feel as though DeBose will get some quality playing time. We'll find some way or another to squeeze him in.

Assuming Harvin doesn't return, Thompson or Cooper takes over at number one receiver. Obviously the other one moves to the second slot on the depth chart. Moore goes to third, probably.

Now, here's where I can see DeBose sneaking in and stealing Nelson's spot as the 4th receiver. Depending on how DeBose does in the weight room and in spring practice, we could see him at 4th receiver on opening day.

Although Nelson has really become a cushion and reliable for Tebow. (Nelson is a Jr.)

8. islstl

Forgot about Nelson, so possibly even deeper down the depth chart for Debose.

If Harvin goes, Debose will be 100 % Florida.

I just don't know how much importance the kid puts on playing as a true freshman. If he was telling the truth during his recruitment, then it's big time.

LSU does not have a quality slot receiver at this point. Although we are guessing Shepard will fill that void to some degree. But a legit slot receiver Shepard will not be as a true freshman (or maybe never). It will be more gimmicky than anything. Just get him on the field, as you guys are alluding to the use of Debose.

9. Showtime

Showtime Founding Member

If DeBose wanted playing time, he should have investigated a bit further. I think this kid is smart enough to realize that he has to earn his position here, as he would at any other premiere college football program.

If he's as good as I hear he is, he'll be 3rd or 4th receiver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DeBose returning kicks.

10. islstl

Fair enough.