Worst Tasting Food Item you've ever eaten.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, Dec 15, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Ate about 2 lbs of them yesterday.

2. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Back in the early to mid 70's I was working with this guy who thought boiled peanuts were better than sex. He talked about how good they were quite a bit. With that said I never did get to try one.

In the mid eighties I was up around N. Baton Rouge on a rig location and noticed some guy's standing at the back of a pickup eating something out of a paper sack. As I got closer I noticed they were eating some peanuts. These were and still are today the biggest goobers I have ever seen. One of them asked me if I liked boiled peanuts. Told him I had never tried them but told the same story above. Well I split open that huge goober and popped em in my mouth and let me tell you, it didn't take me long to get em out. Absolutely the worst tasting food item I've ever eaten. Didn't taste like a peanut to me at all. Had a very mushy texture. I couldn't believe they had taken those big beautiful goobers and destroyed them. To this day I still have nightmares about them goobers. They should have been dry roasted.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Nothing is even close to as disgusting... its basically incorrectly pickled, damn near rotten vegetables.

As for normal foods... I have a huge problem with "Butter" Beans... If I even smell them, I get sick.

4. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I love butter beans. After all they are a member of the magical fruit family.:hihi:

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with those that said pretty much any type of Korean food. I had some when I was in Guam and it was THE worst food experience to this point in my life. They had a buffet set up and I remember just every single thing I tried as being disgusting.
    I've had some that same night. Unfortunately for me, it didn't have the ability to dull or enhance the flavor of anything I ate. On top of that, it gave me the worst freakin hangover I've ever had in my enter life. I'll drink almost anything with alochol in it, but never, ever again with the soju. Or any Korean cuisine. (yuck)

No offense to any of our Korean members or guests. It just wasn't my thing.

1 person likes this.
  6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

its quite remarkable how different peoples' tastes can be. just moving to georgia last year, i recently had my first boiled peanuts and found them disgusting.

and, i love korean food. particularly, kimchee (although, i must admit that ive had bad kimchee) and especially their short ribs. spicy korean food has more flavor than any other cuisine ive had.

i do recommend that everyone not base their opinions of particular cuisines on restaurants--particularly if they are not in the country of the cuisine.

quite often cuisines exported are only from a particular region of the country.

exported cuisines are often altered to suite tastes of locals--chinese is the most claring example i know of. i have eaten in the several homes of chinese immigrants and it was almost not recognizable as "chinese food" to me, but very wonderful (well, much of it).

just remember that Campbell's makes "Gumbo" how many horrible "cajun" restaurants there are in the world.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

For the record. You go into almost ANY Korean home and you will find a Korean favorite is Raman with a slice of American cheeze melted on top. Snackin. They are also addicted to Spam. Used to sell it on the black market there. They simply cannot get enough.

8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Love Spam and eggs in the morning while on a camping trips.:hihi: And I ain't even Korean!

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Vegemite.