Worst Coach in the NFL

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Nov 8, 2006.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

During the first half of the season, per Mike Gollich: Nick Saban. Gets on him for playing Culpepper b4 he was ready and thus dooming the Fins' season. Best Coach: Sean Peyton.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

That's interesting, since Culpepper could not have played if he wasn't cleared by the team docs. Of course, he isn't the smarter of the two Mikes.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Golic is a clown. Worst coach in the league is clearly the o-coordinator for the Raiders, who thinks a 7 step drop makes sense, despite not fielding an o-line.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Definitely the Raiders head coach.

For exactly the reason NoLimit mentioned. They have played 8 games and he hasn't realized his team can't pass protect. The 7 step drop continues. Walter must be pissed. They have a legit running back (Jordan) that they can't get going because they have such an incredibly stupid offensive game plan.

Saban is definitely in the top 3 worst head coaching performances this season. This team was building on something and to go that far in the other direction is extremely disappointing. Looks like he was hell bent on starting Culpepper no matter what.

Joe Gibbs has lost his touch too. Team would be 2-6 had it not been for a breakdown in the special teams on Dallas' part.

My top 5:

1. Payton (Saints)
    2. Billick (Ravens)
    3. Schottenheimer (Chargers)
    4. Smith (Bears)
    5. Coughlin (Giants)

Honorable Mention:
    Shanahan (Broncos), Belichick (Patriots), Dungy (Colts)

My bottom 5:
    1. Shell (Raiders)
    2. Saban (Dolphins)
    3. Gibbs (Redskins)
    4. Green (Cardinals)
    5. Cowher (Steelers)

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I think is easily Art Shell. Along with all the stuff islstl said, have you ever seen his press confrences? They guy looks and sounds LOST!

As for Gibbs, I think you are right, the game has passed him by.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I saw a bit of the press conference with Shell on ESPN News....he does look like he has no clue and definitely no passion. He appears as though Al Davis is telling him to throw long, against his wishes, and is depressed because of the situation he is in.

7. LSU CamelToe

LSU CamelToe Founding Member

Art Shell is by far the worst coach in the NFL this year. His demeanor in the press conference was like who cares we lost again.