Worst CB in the NFL?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 12, 2007.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Hands down, Jason David. This guy is HORRIBLE. He has given up at least one TD in every game he has played this year.

I should try out with the Saints, cause I could EASILY be that horrible and make that kind of money. He makes Fred Thomas look like Deion Sanders.

What say you?

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Won't argue with you there. You've got to be pretty bad to have me missing Fred Thomas.

1 person likes this.
  3. jesuit_flyer

jesuit_flyer Founding Member

Maybe it's lack of safety help and/or just a poor defensive scheme that is contributing to his poor showing? The dude played well for Indy...

Or it could be that the Colts were always ahead of the team's they played which allowed the defense to drop back and play more prevent thereby protecting his cover skills. Probably a little of both...

He might as well wear a bulls-eye for the rest of the year.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Problem with safety help is that we also sport the worst free safety in all of football with Josh Bullocks. This guy is a complete joke.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

He played in Cover 2 zone for the Colts. He's in man-to-man with the Saints and is horrible. I mean he's not even close to making plays.....not even in the same area code. Receivers are 10-15 yards behind the guy. I could trail a receiver by 20 yards and let him catch balls for TD's.

The guy from the Saints scouting dept. who recommened giving David $15 mil should be taken out back and pistol-whipped.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Bullocks isn't Jason David's problem but he ain't helping matters either. Both are a joke and McKenzie is the friggin' punchline.

If the Saint's don't draft linebackers and corners with their top 7 picks, I'm going to lose it. :) Oh, and a defensive tackle. Don't draft one single offensive player.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Which was plainly evident to all but the biggest Saints fans. David wasn't the best corner in Indy and they made little effort to sign him.

Cover 2 is funny that way, which is why it rarely makes any sense to give a big contract to a CB that's only played cover 2 in the NFL.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think the Saints fans you speak of were in the mindset of "anything is better than Fred Thomas." Needless to say, we were wrong.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

:rofl: I think you're exactly right, actually.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

Well, I'm just going to point out that the Colts defense has gotten better since last year.

I'm just sayin'.