Worst Calls in College Football history

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Sep 20, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

That was one of the most frustrating and most epic games I've ever watched, and guess what, Miles was the coach.

The funny thing is that the team played great, physical football with limited mistakes... and the refs going against them.

I'm usually not one for blaming blown calls and refs for losing a game (you should never allow the refs to decide a game), but that is the most angry I have ever been after a game. The refs blew it for sure.

Anyone remember the Brandon Lafell interference from David Iron in the endzone at the end of the first half? I'll never forget that the announcer said, "And Auburn got away." That was said several times that day.

That game was on the same day as the 2006 LSU vs. Auburn game. I remember going home and seeing it on the highlights and thinking, "WTF?"

Although this is the NFL, several years ago, there was a Browns game where the refs threw a flag, the Browns played the next down (I think kicked a FG), and the refs went back and changed the previous call (the one BEFORE the FG) costing the Browns points. I think that's how it went.

There were TONS of beer bottles and cups and tomatoes and whatever else being thrown onto the field. The refs were running for cover.

That was pretty bad. I wish I could remember specifics.

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Bottlegate. I watched a youtube of that a few weeks ago. That was when the replay was new. What happened was they got a catch that really wasn't. It was under 2 minutes, thus booth review, not a coaches challenge. The refs let them run the next play, thus negating a review. You could clearly see the ref not wave it off until after they ran the play. It ended up being challenged and reversed after a play was run.

The fans were throwing the bottles on the field, and the ref ended the game. They got bombarded with bottles and garbage. One of the craziest moments in sports.

3. CajunPunk

I could have sworn it took away a FG or something, but either way, it was REALLY bad.

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjaPVwmnAM&feature=related]YouTube - Cleveland Browns Bottlegate (Original)[/ame]

5. CajunPunk