Worst Calls in College Football history

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Sep 20, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Number 4: 2006 LSU at AU - No pass interference call.

This one no call costs us SO much. Although no guarantee, we probably score on that drive to win the game if the correct call is made. If we win this game, we win the West. We were playing the best football in the nation at the end of the year, so it's not a stretch to say that we would've gone on the win the SEC and in retrospect, the 1st of what would've been back to back BCS championships and solidifying us as the team of the decade.

(I know, I know - it may not have played out that way, but it's not that much of a reach to say it easily could have.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcTG1wGHYW4&feature=related"]500 Internal Server Error[/ame]

On an unrelated note, this was one of THE most physical college football games I've ever seen. Not only were there a ton of big hits from both teams, the O and D lines of both teams just killed it all day. Who else remembers that?

1 person likes this.
  2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well to me the worst call was that Colorado game where they got 5 downs to score the winning TD.
    That wasnt a judgement call like many of those. That was literally several people screwing up. That is not a judgement that is just carelessness.
    Judgement calls I can get. But blatant incompetence is different. You could argue that case for the PP interception last year. That was blatant incompetence. It was clear his foot was down, the replay even showed it (Let alone the mark on the field) that was just incompetence. Like the 5 downs

I think the UF vs. Arkansas game last year was a travesty from a ref perspective. There were some just awful calls in that game
    Matter of fact if you look at last year in Total, (many games) it was the most poorly officiated season I have ever seen.

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Colorado's fifth down has to be the worst call ever. Unlike most of the other calls, that play didn't require a ref's judgment or a matter of being in position to correctly see the play. Four downs per series is one of the basic rules of football. That not one official was paying enough attention in the closing minutes of a football game is a crying shame. That whole crew should have been fired. If Reggie Bush has to give his Heisman back, Colorado should give the NC trophy back.

4. fanatic

You could even argue blatant CORRUPTION in both of those game, by the SEC to ensure the UF/Bama matchup in the SECCG.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I remember a few years ago there was a Big East game, I think between Louisville and UConn, where the guy waved for a fair catch, and then just started running with the ball. He ended up scoring a TD and they counted it even though he clearly waved his arm.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I thought of that one AND the LSU/Auburn one on the PAT the year before the one posted above. Last year's Bama with Peterson's int is another.

1 person likes this.
  7. fanatic

Oh yeah - and I believe it was repealed at the end of the year, so that particular penalty was only called once in the history of college football and just so happen to be against us versus THAT team, in THAT stadium. :mad:

Eff SEC officials!

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I had a friend and his son come to watch the game with me last weekend and then we realized it was on ESPNU and I don't catch it. Had a brisket on pit about to take off and they begged me to go watch it at their house. I wouldn't cause the last one I'd watched at their house was...you got it, that Auburn game.

I remember I was standing in the door to leave, yelling then realized there was a flag. :bncry:

I stayed home and watched on my monitor not to jinx us.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

was two years before

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I guess this could be a "call" but whoever decided to let this dude play QB for pitt needs to have their head checked out. That guy is awful. Makes JJ look like a frontrunner for the heisman.