World Series Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by areed7, Oct 21, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What I don't get if it is pine tar, how dumb is that? I mean dude couldn't think he would get away with that. So I think in the end there will be a reasonable explanation.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i could still see it on his hand after he washed the dirt off. i think he has some clear kinda sticky stuff on his hand that picks up dirt as he goes along. he washes off the dirt, puts the sticky clear stuff on again and continues pitching.

i doubt it. i think he is cheating and will never be really caught. maybe long after he is retired a buddy of his will admit that kenny told him he had smeared some kinda epoxy crap on his hand.

this gunk on the hand would be suspicious enough, but the scoreless inning steak? including a shutdown of the yankees? dont think so. the gambler is playing us.

3. islstl

MLB is forced to keep this one from getting out of hand. No way can MLB endure a scandal like this with all the steroid crap that has painted a very black cloud already.

4. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

ESPN has shown a picture from every game Kenny has pitched this eason and in EVERY one he has "dirt" on his hands. If it was a one inning thing that he tried to cheat, got caught, washed it off, and dominated for 6 more innings... okay. But if he did it against the yanks and A's too... unacceptable. He must be suspended.

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG]

Great, here comes LaRussa. Stand still a second, I need to wipe my hands on your jacket.

6. islstl

nice one, godfatha

here's a few more captions:

"Oh so you're saying they banned pine tar how many years ago?"

"I got a south korean prostitute in my hotel room if you promise not to say anything"

"Do you think this will get even more scrutiny than the cameraman incident last year?"

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Carp was so smooth last night. Complete shutdown. He threw only 82 pitches through the 8th. Never had a 3-ball count all night! Masterful. Had a little hand cramp in the 8th, but he just rubbed a little pinetar on it and the pain went away.

Wished he could have finished the game. Only Gibson and Tudor has had a complete game shutout in a WS for StL. Looper did a great job in the 9th.

Zumaya can throw like a missle, but last night he didn't have much control, especially the attempt throw toward 3B which allowed 2 runs.

One step closer.

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Game 4 pushed back to tomorrow.

[​IMG]

9. islstl

If game 4 gets pushed back another day after potentially getting rained out tomorrow nite as well, advantage St. Louis

I think LaRussa would have to think long and hard to go with Carpenter in game 5 on 3 days rest.

10. islstl

Tigers much more patient tonite.....looks like they are back on track

Polanco still looks clueless at the plate....at least he isn't high up in the order anymore