Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Aug 8, 2007.

?

Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

1. Yes, they will win the AL East

4.2%
  2. Yes, they will be the AL wildcard

58.3%
  3. No, they will miss the playoffs.

37.5%
  1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

What do you think?

2. clair

clair Rockets

yes. easily.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yanks are like P.Diddy. They won't stop. Because they can't stop.

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

They are 7 games behind their Expected W-L and their offense is seriously terrifying. I think they will.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

No, someone in the AL Central will start playing better.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

They are headed into the "make or break" part of their schedule. Starting Aug. 16, they have 14 consecutive games against teams that currently have a better record than them. Followed by 3 games against Tampa, who for some reason usually plays them well (Yanks lead the season series by only 2 games), then 3 games against Seattle who is only 1 game back of them.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Today at work, I broke down the race completely with all 6 teams realistically involved (Anaheim, Boston, Cleveland, Seattle, New York, Detroit). I don't have my calendar that wrote it on in front of me (it's still at the office). I have the remaining games of each of these teams mapped out on my desk calendar, and projected wins and losses for the rest of the year. No I didn't go game by game results, rather series results. For Example: Seattle wins 2 of 3 from Oakland.

I really don't remember exactly how it went, but I got the main details.
    • Boston only has 10 games remaining against contenders, 7 of which are @ Fenway, giving them by far the easiest remaining schedule. Combine that with having the biggest division lead, and the Yankees having the toughest remaining schedule, I'm giving the east to Boston.
    • Anaheim and Seattle have pretty similar schedules from here on out, and play each other 7 more times. The Angels are 8-4 so far against Seattle, so I'm just going to go with the Angels to hold on.
    • Cleveland and Detroit also have similar schedules down the stretch. I'm just not sold on Detroit getting back to October. I'm thinking this one will go down to the wire, and Cleveland holding the H2H advantage, takes the division by 1 game (2 max).
    • The Yankees have 23 games remaining against teams currently residing in 1st or 2nd place, 20 of which take place between now and Sept. 5th. This is by far the most brutal stretch any of the contenders face, and I think this is what will keep them from playing postseason ball. Yeah, I know they're on a little hot streak right now, but the only team above .500 that they've played since the break is Toronto. That's a good month and a half stretch to make a run in. Seattle is the beneficiary of it's 3 competitors for the Wild Card taking each other out of the race.
    Your AL playoff bracket for 2007
    Round 1

Boston
    vs
    Seattle

Anaheim
    vs
    Cleveland

ALCS
    Boston
    vs
    Anaheim

After the Sox/Angels series that just ended, I'm scared to death of meeting the Angels in October. They have an amazing team, and right now is my prediction to win everything. Of course that could change depending on how the 4 game series in Fenway (Sox/Angels) goes next weekend.

8. NoLimitMD

You're fired.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Why? What part of it do you disagree with?

10. NoLimitMD

the part about "I put this ridiculously long analysis together while I was at work."
    :hihi:

Oh, and of course I disagree with the part about the Yanks not making it to the postseason.