Why wasn't Georgia penalized for this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 5, 2022.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I think he was raising his hand to signal the ref that he wasn’t trying to draw a penalty for roughing….

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

No spoiled grapes here. I never said Georgia “cheated.” And, I hated Alabama long before Saban. That said, I am definitely not saying that Georgia did not whip up on LSU. But, my point is that many if not most of the coaches that are of Saban’s pedigree have the same feature to their teams. I’m convinced that the teaching methods allow for the behavior that exhibited. I’m not spying on all of their practices, it’s just the way I see it. And as far as cheating, I believe Saban has been cheating for years. I have no idea about George’s recruiting methods.

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Two things, another penalty that should have been called was on the punt that Clayton caught and was immediately tackled, should have been interference (even though it was caught). Replay showed that contact was made just as the catch was made, or slightly before. Either way it should have been a penalty because Clayton was not given any room to make the catch. Second, was Kirby going for two when the game was well in hand, that was just rubbing our faces in it. I now hate his ass as much as Satan and Jimbo.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I remember reading that the yr we won the 07 title our defense was THE most penalized. The yr before when Florida won, THEIR defense was THE most penalized. Football’s an aggressive sport. Definitely a correlation tween aggression and success.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

Suggesting unsportsmanlike conduct is taught, or even encouraged IS cheating so you didnt have to say it.

I’m trying not to be a dick and mean no offense. We obviously interpret things differently- as do officials. The human element is part of the game.

I just get tired of hearing people complaining about officiating- I even disagree with replay outcomes sometimes but it’s a part of the game.

uscvball and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I was not taking offense. Just throwing out my opinion. You’re throwing out yours. This is what I have loved about being part of this group for many years. I can’t stand Saban, and over the years, I do think he has cheated. “He” has never been called out properly either. Oh, except for Jimbo…he indicated what Saban “REALLY” is. Saban will never have to pay for his crimes. I just think his character is reflected in his players annd protégés. and rubs off. He is a good coach re his organization and he certainly wins, but he is made of Teflon. No one calls him out, because they may go down with him. I’ll stop now. Alabama was penalized a lot this year. They are not in playoffs. Go figure. I’ll end there.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, he looked like a little bitch crawling off the field. Shit, just lay down and let the trainers come out if you're too hurt to get up.

And the other players pissed me off not helping him, either. What the hell?

kcal and LSUTiga like this.
  8. LSUTiga

+1.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Preach.

Perhaps the aggressive play comes from locker room speeches like this....
    https://twitter.com/gasportsburden/...ntents/another-gem-by-kirby-199821678/?page=1

NSFW BTW. But that's Kirby. Not Saban. When will the world stop believing that everything in college football derives from Saban? Their D has declined ever since Kirby left. And somehow Saban got credited with "discovering" the payoffs of a passing game instead of rushing. There's a reason why a lot of UGA fans were salivating at the chance to maul USC. Because that's what it would have been, an ugly, bloody, brutal mauling and Caleb would have been crying on the field, not on the sidelines.

Other things....
    I bet those who are upset about the "lift" would be happy to have 88 on the roster at LSU.
    I bet if Perkins had picked up Bennett, the offended folks would laugh their asses off....short jokes and all.
    I bet if some of y'all went back and watched tape, you'd see personal fouls go uncalled on both sides. LSU #28 had an obvious personal foul on #10. Multiple holds and a very noticeable horse collar on 88 went uncalled. Ish happens.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Agreed, I laughed, thought it was funny, would have rather seen him do that rather than planting JD. He could have probably ended JD's football career if he had wanted to.

LSUTiga likes this.