Why wasn't Georgia penalized for this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 5, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't stand seeing us in the 'gun when we need a yard or less on 4th down. For crying out loud, how difficult would it be to put the starting QB and center off to the side for 5 minutes every practice and have them practice snaps under center? Or better yet, a running back and a big reserve lineman. Could, given just 5-10 minutes of practice a day, Kardell Thomas learn to direct snap to Emery or Cain? Line up Bradford right behind the "QB" to push.....who's stopping that?

Hou-duco likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Dude! JD wasn't smiling. He was grimacing in pain.

It was the most humiliating moment for an LSU QB since Mettenberger crawled off the field like a little bitch against Alabama in 2013.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Grimace was exactly what I was gonna say. Depending on what his leg injury really is that could have put a lot of torque on the upper portion and hurt like hell. Speaking from sciatic experience.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It’s his ankle so he was ok.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Why I said "what it really is". Dont put so much stock in pressers or what Gary says.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What is that about? Dude got clobbered and none of his OL bothered to help him up and that makes him a bitch? Man...tough crowd

7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Interesting that we had this moment in this big game with a Saban, protégé coach and players, who are prone to unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw it in other places in thst game (see 2 point conversion to get to 50) and non-called targeting. He learned well from one of the best unsportsmanlike conduct teachers out there. Though, I don’t believe it really had any major impact upon the game, it was ridiculous for those announcers to laud that behavior. What they should’ve been saying is… That’s uncalled for. Again, any D-Lineman could do that in similar situations. Look for it again down the line. I have had many problems with the wimpy rules. However, for me, that had nothing to do with physical injury, because he could’ve slammed Daniels down for sure. However, unsportsmen behavior should not be tolerated either.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don’t believe Sabin teaches unsportsmanlike conduct. To me any complaining about Saban is just spoiled grapes and envy from us so I refrain from it.

To say Kirby is an extension of his philosophy in that manner is even more of a really reach to me.

Georgia kicked ass and they didn’t have to cheat to do it. In fact as vball pointed out they showed us mercy

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

They got quite a few calls; but I must be biased because it seems that way in many (not all) LSU games.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Not saying the lack of a call had any effect on the outcome. But I definitely believe that LSU would have been called for a penalty if Perkins did this to the GA quarterback.

StaceyO likes this.