Why wasn't Georgia penalized for this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 5, 2022.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Looks like unsportsmanlike conduct to me...

They also got away with targeting (the flag was picked up), and a slap to Daniels' helmet. UGA certainly didn't need any extra help from the corrupt SEC zebras, that's for sure.

[​IMG]

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That was the nicest tackling of a quarterback I’ve ever seen. It could definitely be interpreted more than one way but It looked to me like it was good-natured- even JD smiled.

uscvball, 65Grad and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Didn't get to watch the whole game, so I don't know how bad things got, but I saw this play. I have no problem with it. JD was fighting to stay on his feet after the hit and this guy could have slammed him down and possibly hurt him worse than he already was. Instead, he lifted him in the air and forced the refs to whistle the play dead. The finger in the air was a bit much, but really, so what?

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Might have been good-natured. But, any lineman can do this this to any QB at any time. Play was over. I guarantee, if that had been done to UGA’s QB, it would have been called. Lastly, this kind of stuff should be called. Not because the player doing it means anything negative or harmful. But, stuff like this can get outta hand. I also saw a lot of things in that game that were Bama-esque. Can tell that Kirby coached at one time under Saban. On the targeting call, I was actually ok with the wave off. I guess when the UGA player lowered his head, the crown was about 4 mm from being involved. So, good call.

5. LSUTiga

Us not covering the missed field goal bothered me much worse. It actually hurt as much more too.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

10 point swing on one play, affected the course of the rest of the game.

APPTiger, LSUTiga, Hou-duco and 2 others like this.
  7. LSUTiga

Yep. Those are the only things that are worth worrying about – the things you can control. Refs missed calls every play

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

for me the takeaway is down 35-10 at the half with the blocked kick 6 eff up and the boink interception, the tigers come out and play hard…

no depth up from means Georgia probably could have named the score but LSU never quit…

damn nuss why did you tease us so….

go back and put nuss in the texas bowl and if he plays like he did in the seccg…

does jd have the 2nd best lsu qb season ever? or does nuss?

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The other thing we could (and didn’t) was the 4th and 1 from the Ga. 5 yrd. line where we tried to get cute and failed to score. We need to have our QBs learn how to go under center for such situations.

10. LSUTiga

Another good example