Vote Now! Why did the Les Miles era come to an end?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Sep 25, 2016.

?

The single biggest reason the Les Miles Era come to an end was:

1. Brandon Harris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jordan Jefferson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nick Saban

3.4%
  4. Cam Cameron

1.7%
  5. Les's own stubbornness

55.9%
  6. Burn out

3.4%
  7. The game passed Les by

27.1%
  8. Unreasonable fan expectations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Incompetent AD making a wrong decision. LSU will be sorry.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Inability to develop a QB since...forever.

8.5%
  1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

None of the above.

1-2 vs Arkansas the last 3 years
    1-2 vs Ole Miss the last 3 years
    1-2 vs Auburn the last 3 years
    Most talent in the NFL the last 3 years

LSU fans can understand losing to Bama. We don't like it, but we understand. There's no excuse for losing to those other three teams. That shit's inexcusable and will not be tolerated.

StaceyO, Winston1, LSU_4_LIFE and 2 others like this.
  2. roynav

roynav free your mind

At least one national media outlet thinks he was fired now because admin and boosters were worried it would be harder to fire him after the season if It ends on a winning streak.

Les earned the right not to be fired mid season. Plus I think the Tigers had a reasonable chance of winning out. That said, Les may have been burned out and he had plenty of baggage, much of it his own fault, but some the result of the failed firing debacle last year. Given that, firing him now may have been best.

I expect the Tigers to finish strong. In a way they get a do over now and Orgeron's energy will help raise spirits. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't lose again.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Really? What have you seen that makes you think that because I think you're the only one? Not trying to intentionally bust your balls, but am genuinely curious.

I think he got fired for his failure to adapt and it all started on 1/9/12. His stubbornness is legendary, but win that game and that LSU team goes down as the greatest in history; given the strength of scheduled we plowed through and number of ranked teams with beat by double digits; except one. Something happened that caused the team to come out flat, his tired, predictable game plan, the refusal to adjust, and I don't think we ever received an explanation of why JL was not even given an opportunity due to JJs ineffectiveness. Imagine the story of redemption for Lee if he comes in and was able to pull that game out, given how his career started. I still haven't forgiven Miles for that game and it's been all downhill since.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The cause of those losses is in large degree due to Les's stubborn refusal to change

5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Les got fired because he doesn't have the chest to coach LSU football. He remained close friends with Caneron who can not develope QBs.

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Losing to a top 10 team on the road is no disgrace. Everyone was flat out wrong to automatically pencil in a win vs Wisconsin. Les, the team and the fans all guilty of overconfidence and underestimating a quality opponent. Losing to a fired up Auburn team on the road, also no disgrace. Effort good in both games. Outcome in both games due decided by last minute fluke plays. Tigers gave good effort and didn't give up. New QB being worked into the offense. New defensive coordinator with the D learning new schemes. I don't think we've seen the best from this team and once they start hitting on all cylinders the sky is the limit. If they win the SEC championship, then what happens?

This is a best case scenario obviously, but in my view there is a credible chance it plays out this way. If LSU gets on a roll watch out.

7. roynav

roynav free your mind

This. I have an epic rant about that game buried in the archives here. It was a watershed moment. Win, and that team would have had a strong claim as the greatest college team of all time. They had a brutal schedule that year and that final was inexcusable.

fanatic, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  8. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

The Oline and the Dline not being as talented as the past. They saved his conservative approach in the past. What he did at LSU can not be denied. He is the greatest coach in the history of LSU football --period. His record is unmatched. We should have had a coach in place before we did this. Aleva has never had our backs. My only hope is we do not become as irrelavent as Tennessee and Texas after they got rid of there coaches.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And THAT should have been nut cutting time. Not because he lost a NC game, because of the way he lost it. With that team, in that situation, if he didn't change his tune on offense it should have been clear that it would never change. Instead, well. The horse is finally dead.

Time to move on

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

3 years ago the end of the Auburn game this past weekend would have been exciting as hell. I would have been all into it and yelling and it would have been intense.

It wasn't, even when LSU scored at the end before it was taken off the board I wasn't even excited. It was ho hum. And that is why it was time.