Who takes the reigns?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Nothing we said is inaccurate in any way. O could go undefeated the rest of the way and he's still grossly embarrassed this university and himself in the public on repeated occasions, not done his job by hiring the best coordinators like he promised he would, and he's admitted he lost his damn team last year after winning it all..

You're living in this world where there's no nuance. You think O is either great or he's not and you think he's great so he's great. That's not reality. The world ebbs and flows. It's fluid. He deserves all the credit he's gotten for 2019 and since then he's done not much right in fact as good as 2019 and his decisions were the two years since have been equally as bad just as the football coach. Then you add his off field issues...

He's proving USC right for not making him the head coach and it ain't cause of his voice though that was probably why Haden didn't want him. It's because deep down he's a defensive line coach who rips off his shirt and challenges to fight his players and he's sanded some of the edges of that, but not nearly as much as he let on.

Dude and one of his sons drive up in Os boat on an LSU booster (O when he did it didn't know it was a booster) at the booster's camp on the bayou because O thought the booster was talking smack, which he wasn't. The booster's son recorded on his phone the confrontation of O and his son coming up to them in their boat challenging to fight the booster. All cause he was thinking he was talking shit to him. Like what?

Dude defend that. Please.

Nothing he can do this season is going to fix that. He wasn't Woodward's hire.

Okay let's do this then.

Caca.. name every single coach O has hired and give me a grade for each thus far.

And no one was a bigger O flipped the script and changed and grew supporter than I was. He showed at the end of 2019 he seemed to have changed. In 2021 it seems that 19 was the absolute aberration and everything else is much more the standard. You gotta adjust your thinking when new data becomes available.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think most teams in college football will get that same chance.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Only thing that will adjust my opinion is what I see watching us play and the intangibles related to our wins and losses. Sorry buddy at the risk of being an "I told you so" but I did tell y'all so before Saturday. I did say we didn't see half our playbook against McNeese cause O didn't have to show it and that our D is better than Georgia's especially the front 4 and at cornerback.

I simple can't grasp your "Nothing he can do this season is going to fix that" attitude. As far as a grade for every coach O has hired I won't take all that time but will simple say other than 2020 which had a multitude of reasons for the 5-5 record other than Covid O wins, he wins. He won in 2016, 2017, 2018 the National championship in 2020 and is winning now. He has beaten everyone since he has been here. All these vaunted coaches like Saban, Mullin, Smart, Sweeney, Jumbo, Kiffin, Herman and Riley have lost to O.

I get it you don't like O. I don't know him so don't have an opinion on his chracter. All I want from O is to win and he does that. Some people act like we should win every game every year. Sorry but that ain't gonna happen especially in this conference. Changing coaches very time we don't win 11 to 12 games a year is madness.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Consistency has been a problem under O. Putting together a strong 2021, with new coaches and turmoil, will help cement O as a guy who belongs.

Also, predicting good things based on the McNeese game is far from a sure bet. You get credit, but a broken clock is right every now and then. You say a lot of ridiculous shit.

GeauxTigers2021 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Basing anything on the McNeese game is where you go wrong IMO. My opinion is O USED the McNeese game as a glorified scrimmage to find out first who the best game time backups were on the O line and who the best backups and starters everywhere should be going forward. I think you saw the changes made in personal last Saturday especially at WR. Part of the reason we didn't see half of the up tempo gameplan with the emphasis on the passing game was we didn't have to show it yet and why run if basically our whole 1st team O line was out.

Ridiculous you say? What's ridiculous is everyone hyperventilating and calling for the firing of the coaching staff after one game, yes one game! Now that's not only ridiculous but insane.

I made a prediction here on Friday about what we would see against CMU and I was proven right. I went against the precious "consensus". Sorry if that sticks in your craw. Was my prediction about Saturday ridiculous BTW?

Lastly when are you ever happy?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Lucky that he wasn’t shot. I would have drawn on anyone doing that.

Brian likes this.
  7. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

In all honesty O hasn’t shown the brains to accomplish what you seem to project on him. I see people on here voicing major issues and I see you as “ projecting” your thoughts on what you think he is doing when he really seems to wing it more so than not. He is an insane recruiter but as a head coach……he is a coonass version of Mike DuBose.

8. lsu-i-like

Did you watch LSU @ UCLA?

Yes, I’m happy sometimes. I’m a contrarian though (like you).

Brian likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

If he turns it around this year he’s a bit brighter than that. He’s outfoxed quite a few in his time here (including himself, unfortunately).

Brian, XXL TideFan and mctiger like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Something that has been mentioned, but maybe there has not been enough emphasis placed on it with the UCLA debacle is that it was the first game as coordinator for both Peetz and Jones. It takes time to grow into those positions, and I think we're starting to see that happen. And I know it was McNeese and Central Michigan but again, some progress can be gauged regardless of the opponent. Is the blitz recognition improving? Are defenders getting to their proper place on the field automatically, or are they having to think before reacting (or worse, not getting to the right place at all)? And so on.... I think these things are starting to happen. A step up in competition this week will give us a better feel for what's going on.

Brian, Winston1 and Hou-duco like this.