Who is more dominant: Federer or Woods?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Who dominates their sport more?

1. Roger Federer?

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Tiger Woods?

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. It's too close to call

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Why not?

Stamina has NEVER been a prerequisite to golf.

About the only thing that stops golfers injury wise is their spine/backs.

With tennis, it's leg injuries, cramping, etc.

THAT'S why I think Fed's better - it's tougher for him physically.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger WOODS

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will give tiger the crown for now, but only briefly,vas federer is scheduled to make a mockery of the US open in couple weeks.

4. NoLimitMD

I saw Federer lost some worthless match today -- ya know, the kind of match that Roddick normally wins.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Tiger is much more dominant.

Tiger not winning a tournament is not equivalent to Federer not winning. All Federer has to do is win a semi and finals match because of the talent discrepancy. Golf, where the field is 100+, has guys that ALL have the ability to go low. Plus, Tiger can't slow down his opponent, only the course can.

The fact that Tiger can adapt to so many courses is unbelievable. Plus, they've all tried to slow him down by making courses longer with new cuts of rough. It hasn't worked.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If you heard Woody Austin's rant yesterday, he's basically sick of the Tiger talk and claims he's just as good or better than Woods.

Austin has played in 390 tournaments with 3 wins (no majors) and total earnings of $10,806,930.

Woods has played in 227 tournaments with 59 wins (13 majors) and total earnings of $73,536,709.

Right, Woody.:dis:

7. NoLimitMD

:rofl: these guys are classic. They seem to be getting more vocal about being as good as Tiger, while Tiger is starting to broaden the gap again. It's going to be tough to beat Sabbatini calling out Tiger and then getting destroyed by Eldrick on Sunday. That's one of the funniest stories of the year.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think Woody spent too much time in the Tulsa sun. :lol:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How about Stephen Ames dissing Tiger the night before their Accenture match and getting punked 9 and 8 the next day. I'd keep that crap to myself if I was these guys. Vijay tried, Mickelson tried, Sabbatini tried, Sergio tried. Austin is trying but none of these guys who take a shot at Woods have been able to back it up when it counts. Players like Els and Furyk have the game to play with Tiger but they are smart enough not to flame him.

10. NoLimitMD

Yea, Ames completely lost his mind. I'm happy to see Els getting healthy again.

I dearly love this quote:
    That reminds me of Roy Williams (WR, Lions) saying last year that they were the best 10 loss team (or something like that) in the league. And then he said they normally left 40 points on the field. :rofl: You just can't make up that kind of stuff.