Who is more dominant: Federer or Woods?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Who dominates their sport more?

1. Roger Federer?

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Tiger Woods?

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. It's too close to call

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. clair

clair Rockets

if he truly is the "best", he should be able to win anywhere over anyone in any condition, right?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course not. he should able to win more than anyone else ever has.

he could easily be the best ever and never win the french open.

3. clair

clair Rockets

the question, though is who is more dominant out of the 2, and woods has, because he has conquered everything in his sport... TWICE...

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, it's not a question of who's greater in their sport over their careers. It's who's more dominant. And if you can't dominate 25% of your sport (Fed), but the other guy can (Tiger), then Tiger would seem to win.

Of course, Federer's winning percentage is higher than Woods', though that's more a function of his sport (and the fact that the US has abdicated its role in tennis, thus weakening the field by a wide margin.)

I'll go with Tiger for now.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes that was the question, you changed the question:

thats ridiculous. federer has been the top ranked player for years, by a wide wide margin. he wins almost every tournament he enters. he is already the greates ever, and he can make it pretty much indisputable, even without a title on clay. he is winning like nobody else has.

6. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Why is the top players record against Rafa about oh....2-7 (somewhere around there, saw it in the paper the other day) now?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

"since the start of 2005, Federer is 4-7 against Nadal - and 199-7 against everyone else. Over the past eight Grand Slam tournaments, Federer is 0-2 against his nemesis - and 54-0 against anyone not named Nadal, with six titles."

8. clair

clair Rockets

find me someone that tiger is 4-7 against in the final group on sunday.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Bull cocky. My man Ivan Lendl was in discussions for greatest ever, until the Communists and Becker/Edberg/Borg-lovers started yapping all this junk about Wimbledon.

Uh oh...since I'm not a Communist or Becker/Edberg/Borg lover...maybe I should re-evaluate my position to stay logically consistent...

VIVA EL LENDL Y FEDERER!!!

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

federer is 54-2 in matches over his last 8 grand slams. he doesnt lose any, ever, against anyone, on any surface except clay.

tiger woods definitely isnt dominant the way federer is against the field. sure, there is no one player that beats tiger like nadal beats federer (on clay), but lots of different players beat woods regularly.

lets say you have a tournament coming this weekend, you want to bet one somebody, federer or woods. you always bet on federer. and even if it is clay, you bet on federer to beat everyone except nadal, and even then he could beat nadal, this year he had a good shot and squandered his chances.

federer has been the number one ranked player in the world since februrary of 2004. and typically he is as far ahead of second, as second is of 15th.

federer wins every grand slam, every year, mostly in straight sets, except one single match he loses in the french final. he is incomparable.

federer, including his losses to nadal, is 203-14 since 2005. 203-14!