Who else is pulling for Bama to win it all?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 28, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I guess if you can get 3-4 LSU faithful to go your way, you might look at that as a success. :lol:

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Especially the right 3 or 4.

I know you sound adamant, but your avatar does seem to suggest, your a person who doesn't always conform to conventional thought.

Besides, you don't have to change, we just want to be next.

Don't tell your friends, will keep you in disguise.

2 people like this.
  3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

You are correct, I don't conform to conventional thought, but there are some changes that even I cannot even begin to entertain.

I will say this, thank you for the laugh, I needed it. I hope you stick around you definately add to the board.:thumb:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It has more to do with Bama contending for the division. Since the demise of Tulane as a serious in-state rival decades ago, LSU has had a hot rivalry going with whoever is the biggest barrier to an SEC title. In the 60's, 70's and 80's, it was Bama. In the 90's it was Florida (who we play every year), and in most of the 00's it was with Auburn. In the next decade, Bama is the potential threat to success.

That's a separate thing from the fan's annoyance at Nick for deciding to return to the SEC West. It's hard to blame him for picking Alabama since LSU and Ohio State already had coaches. But it moved him from a position of a respected part of LSU football history to someone that was trying to take something away from us, each and every autumn. It was his choice, but the LSU fan must now treat him the way we treated Tuberville and Spurrier before him, not to mention Paul Dietzel at South Carolina. Nick is leading the enemy and cannot be embraced.

When he's gone from Bama, he will again become just another part of LSU football history and return with his teammates to Tiger Stadium in 2013 and 2023, and 2033 to celebrate the championship . . . just like Paul Dietzel before him.

5. HoopsFan

HoopsFan Registered Pest

I think it's more fun to have a relevant Alabama team than an irrelevant one. Perhaps my hatred doesn't run deep enough?

6. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

For me its easy:

Do I hate one single person (Teblow) or a group encompassing all things I hate?

For me, I'll choose the latter. Bama is the lowest of the low in my book of hate...they can all go to hell. As I've said before, my hate does not stem from $atan but, rather, I have always hated Bama for their pretentious attitude and fans who think they are the be-all-end-all of College Football.

They need to be knocked down a peg or two (or *cough* bullsh*t 12 *cough*) each and every chance they get.

ULM
    Utah

and now, hopefully,

TCU, Cincinatti, or Boise St.

1 person likes this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

id prefer cinncinati. theyll probably jump tcu if they beat pitt anyway. anything to blow this BCS up.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I'm putting my Bama hatred aside and pulling for Bama to win it all. It's not that I want Saban to win another trophy but rather a possible history in the making. If Bama wins the NC that will make the last 4 NCs all from the SEC. but more impressing is the last 3 will be by 3 different SEC teams (LSU, UF, Bama). That's impressive and something that to my knowledge has never been done before. I can't think of any other conference that even has 3 NC caliber teams much less actually pull the feat off. That's just my way of looking at it. Come bowl season I always pull off the purple and gold glasses an put on the "what makes the SEC look better" glasses. Anyway, thats my reasoning for saying "ROLL SEC"

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Saban has more relevance to many of our nouveau fans than bama does. Obviously I was referring to recruiting - not games. Florida does not recruit here, but saban does. And so will any future bama coach. Florida(state) is so big, they really don't need to.

Thus, bama is a bigger threat to us. It's pretty simple. But if you keep hitting the saban button, enough children are gonna squeal like it is about him.

10. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

how can any self respecting LSU fan remotely pull for alabamer? if you do you should turn in your season tickets and move to there.

obviously none of you have relatives from alabamer who call you and nasal twang on about the tide. i love to hear saban after a loss.

i don't get this SEC SEC SEC bandwagon cr*p, if LSU isn't going to win, i don't want alabamer to have one second of glory.

i was estatic when Utah ruined the holidays for my relatives and the rest of the alabamer hicks

the only good thing about alabamer is that you drive through it to get to Destin and Fort Walton.