Who are you more excited about this season?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Oct 2, 2009.

?

For Saints and LSU fans only, which team are you more excited about?

1. Saints

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Tigers

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I can't choose, I am excited about both equally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I can't choose, I feel dirty picking one over the other

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is a tough one, I know.

Being a Saints fan for the past 33 years, I have to admit having all that has happened to us as Saints fans and the fact that this team appears poised to win it all, I had to pick the Saints.

LSU beating both Georgia and Florida would obviously even things out and then some.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tigers, purple and gold blood. The Saints are doing great right now, but i never was a TRUE Saints fan. I pull for them, but it doesn't piss me off when they lose. Plus when it comes to the NFL, i cheer for ex LSU players, and people on my fantasy team, then the Saints and Cowboys.

3. islstl

So you would not technically qualify to vote in this poll.

Looking for true avid over the top Saints AND Tigers fans here.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Saints. I grew up in New Orleans in the days when media coverage meant the Times-Picayune and 4, 6 and 8 on TV. Very little exposure to LSU, and I didn't really begin to cultivate TigerMania until I moved to Morgan City as a teenager. On the other hand, I went to my first Saints game in 1968, and we began getting season tickets in '69. I've been black and gold for as far back as I can remember. And as great as it was to watch LSU win 2 national championships, for me, it still can't compare to the thought of the Saints winning the Super Bowl.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This is a conundrum. Like you, Izzy, I have been a diehard Saint's fan for 30+ years, and only became a LSU diehard upon attending LSU '85 on. I prefer college ball over pros, so my inclination was to choose LSU, but then I realized I have been a Saints fan for longer and they have never been this promising. At least LSU has won it all several times. So, my pick in the end is the Saints.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

If I had to pick between watching a Tiger game and a Saints game, I'd pick Tigers... I love college football way more than the NFL. But fortunately, NCAA plays on Sat and NFL on Sunday, so I get to watch both.

7. islstl

That's about where I am with it all.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Saints all the way!!

And this is how I see...

When the Tigers lose it sucks, I am in a bad mood and alittle pissed off.

When the Saints lose I feel ILL I get that hollow feeling in my gut and just **** it all attitude. And when it is a close game like a fluke play for Tampa to win or a FG for Atlanta to win then my heart physically hurts!

I love me some LSU and the blood that runs through this body is purple n gold..but when I die my black and gold soul is sitting in the same section as Buddy D!!!!

9. islstl

Thanks Crip, that's the kind of post I was envisioning when I started this thread.

I have definitely gotten sicker from Saints losses than LSU losses. Not that I don't get upset and physically ill from LSU losses (see Arkansas loss in 2007), but the Saints meaningful losses have been even worse for me.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Gotta disagree on that one. I get more of a hangover after an LSU loss, for sure. But still, this year, the Saints actually have a real shot at getting to the holy grail. It all rides on Brees staying healthy, though.