What's up with these guaranteed contracts?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 24, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Correct me if I'm wrong but his screw up didn't involve "coaching" right? Didn't he have a co-ed problem or strippers?

Winston1 likes this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think @furduknfish on the ' Why Hugh Freeze isn't mentioned' thread said it best

I think that says it all for me as far as HF

shane0911 likes this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So Tuck agreed to a 10 year 95MM contract that is . . . fully guaranteed. Un-be-Lieve-able. We are questioning whether he has enough experience to be our coach and they do this. I wonder if this is the new norm and we will have to do the same.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I can't blame a coach for getting what they can, but it's gotten ridiculous. These agents are using these new contracts to get big raises for their clients. I suspect Saban will be making $20 million guaranteed a year before it's all said and done. This is why I support players getting all the money they can because the reality is fans come to see the players, not the coaches! Please don't say players get a free education and that should be enough. College football has nothing to do with college and is only used as a front to cover up what's really going on behind the scenes!

5. msully

msully Founding Member

No coach should get uber one hundred thousand dollars a year repeat NO COACH !!

6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Can’t say I agree with sully, but sure don’t agree with what’s gotten to be approaching $1m/month for coaches who haven’t even won a conference championship, much less a NC. And the prices are only going to go up…and guaranteed at that. Nuts!

shane0911 likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

So do the boosters have to put the money up front, so they can't change their minds later?

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #andherewego

Im in no position to confirm but Im guessing most of that works thru some legally binding endowment, maybe even escrow.

9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou Freshman

I'm not a lawyer or a sports agent, but I imagine the fat cat donors (TAF) have to guarantee a large portion of the contract.