What week does Tebow take over for Sanchez for good?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 13, 2012.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm not saying he "deserves" to start for two years in the NFL but rather that I'd like to see him get that chance with a franchise that builds an offense around his strengths to see how it plays out. The Jags make sense for this project because they are a train wreck anyway.

Just like I don't think the Oregon coach "deserves" to be an NFL head coach. Still, I would like to see if that offense could work in the NFL if given time to develop the players around it.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

If you want to see that style, then run it with Darren McFadden. If you can't throw you need to be a better runner.

Also you need to throw in the nfl to win. Your plan is terrible.

Do you think rg3 or cam newton would be better if they couldn't throw and were slower? Why aspire to something terrible, something worse? Why limit the offense with a tiny and awful skillset?

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Tebow would be the best quarterback in the NFL if given the chance.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

Congratulations, I know you are not that stupid and you are messing with me.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'll have to start a new account when I troll so obviously.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Just looked up his stats. He has 29 career TDs (including rushing) with only 9 INTs. He turned around the Broncos last year after their bad start with Orton and has led numerous game-winning drives.

Let it be clear that my "want" for Tebow getting two years as a starter is simply for the purposes of debate. If he does not get that chance, there will still be those that argue he could have been a good NFL QB but never got the chance. Is that what you want martin? If he gets the chance and fails, then you have won the argument. If he never gets the chance, there are still those that can argue against you with somewhat credible evidence.

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  7. martin

martin Banned Forever

darren mcfadden can throw better than tebow. he has fewer interceptions and a better td to int ratio. running backs never throw interceptions.

it doesnt help your offense to run a slow white running back who cannot throw at QB. the goal is to score points, not to create a severely restricted offense that doesnt score and only runs.

if you win 7 to 3 on zero thrown touchdowns and a defensive td, that doesnt mean the QB did the winning. again, not sure why you dont see that football is a team sport, and if you have a QB that cannot throw, and you win, its not because of him, its in spite of him.

why dont you want ryan perriloux or me to play so we can debate? neither of us has piled up terrible stats and crushingly horrible play over a year of statrs like tebow has.

if i start a game in the world series, pitch less than an inning and give up 8 runs with no outs, do you give me credit if the team wins 9-8? try to understand what a team is, and how individuals are analyzed.

for the millionth ttime, tebow wasnt just bad. he was beyond bad. why do you think he lost his starting job? why do you think he doesnt play behind the worst QB in the league? why are yo not making this same argument about 30 other backup QBs who have better stats and more potetntial.

name a random backup in the nfl and i will explain to you why he is a smarter play than tebow.

dont let the media own you like this.

he had a chance, and was the worst QB in the league in over 10 years. i won the argument long ago. my argument now is really about why you let the media trick you.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Jets waited too long this year to make a difference. But they would have more wins this year with TT at qb. Forget how they would have gotten them. They would have.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

I will grant you that Sanchez is terrible. But tebow is worse and that is why he doesn't play and he has been permanantly demoted and fired as a starting qb. He isn't even a backup qb, he is a hybrid back and special teams guy like a zillion guys you have never heard of.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Correct. Qb expert jaworski said the same thing.