What week does Tebow take over for Sanchez for good?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 13, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i cant believe he hasnt improved, really thought he would.

weird. its like he is terrible and cannot throw. neve saw that coming

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

And yet his qbr would still eclipse sanchezs this year and they would be a better team with more wins because the intangibles god has blessed him with.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The only thing God has blessed him with is his detractors.

And ESPN for keepin' his useless ass in everybody's face for so long.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Tebow truly fail on the field. He didn't pass the eye test last year but he won games including that big one in the playoffs against the Steelers. I want to see him play two full years as an every down QB (even if it's the Jags) to establish a consensus that he's not an NFL QB. The debates are no fun if he's not really playing.

Remember that he made the Jets D look pitiful last year with that 95 yd drive to win the game. There may be some lingering animosity about that.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Who you talking about Sanchez?

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

No doubt. TT made alot of teams D look pitiful. Strong heart and will to win you don't have to throw for 400yds.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

when you say he made them look pitiful, i think you mean he was historically bad, he lost the respect of team management, lost his starting job, was traded to a team that benches him behind the worst starter in the league, while his own teammates say he is terrible.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

every pass he threw was a miserable duck. he is 100% awful, and was for almost every play. in one game he threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own. his completion percentage was the worst in the league. he lost 4 of his last 5 games as a starter. he even lost a truly vital game against kyle ortons team. in some of his wins, the defense would score more points than the offense. in his final regualr season game, the denver offense scored 3 points and lost 7-3. had had zero tds and one INT in that game. in the previous game , tebow threw one td and in the fourth quarter when he is supposedly good, he threw a pick 6 and then lost a fumble for a TD. so he gave the opposing team 14 and scored zero.

so when you say you will never see him fail on the field, this is like saying you cannot imagine a black version of wesley snipes. failure defines him.

nothing about tebow's play indicates he is anything other than the worst player in the league. he doesnt start. he plays terribly. why would anyone start him over any of basically unlimited other superior players that deserve a chance? yu have to go back well over a decade to find a player that is comparably bad.

i know you are a smart fellow. thats why it is so fascinating what the media has done to you.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The (2nd to) last time we saw Tebow play a full game as a starting QB, he threw for 316 yds and the game winning TD against the vaunted Steelers D on a perfectly thrown pass to D. Thomas in stride.

I will concede that when he's bad, he's the worst QB since the days that Steve Van Buren played. However, he's had his moments and there were even some stats on this site that surprised me last year (maybe by tirk?). It had to do with TDs / INTs when you factor in Tebow's rushing TDs.

He's still only had about one full season as a starter and his unorthodox style takes some time for the coaching staff to adapt. While I do agree with martin's extreme views for the most part, I tend to play devil's advocate at times, which I'm doing right now.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

S basically you are basing you idea that he deserves to start for 2 years in the nfl i spite of consistently terrible play on one p,ay where he chucked a ball to a dude who ran 50 yards with it for a td.

You do realize there are guys coming out of college every year that can actually throw?

You understand that a team should play the best qb on their team, and tebow is always the worst player on the roster? Wy would you start him and not give the actual qb a chance? Cances in the nfl are a scarce resource not to be squandered on guys who are, according to the players that see him in practice every week, " terrible"