What has happened to Bech?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 18, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree. Taylor is good, but Bech is better. I just don't get it. How do you go from a huge big-time playmaker to absolutely nothing? This is how you lose great players to the portal and I wouldn't blame him one bit!

shane0911 likes this.
  2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I have to wonder whether Taylor would still be ahead of Bech if he weren’t the spawn of a HOFer? That alone would narrow the gap on some coaches depth chart.

3. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Bech is in the WR group now. Mason has nothing to do with it.

cul2969 and Herb like this.
  4. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Bech has the potential to be to LSU what Hunter Renfrow was to Clemson. He is just solid, seems to catch everything and is super reliable. So, I'm not sure why he's not in the rotation more, even at WR? In fairness, I watched the game on TV, so it's tough to know who is in on every play and with Daniels not going through progressions very well, Bech might have been out there a lot, but got nothing thrown his way. I will say this, I think our most complete WR (catches everything and has better YAC potential) is Brian Thomas Jr.

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I definitely agree about Bech being reliable and he definitely deserves more playing time and more balls thrown his way. I would hate to lose him to the portal because we misused him. I agree about Thomas also, and I would probably Nabors second. IMO, Boutte has just been one big disappointment since he got injured. He seems like he's all about himself and when things don't go his way, he pouts. After the game, I saw players jumping all around celebrating and there was Boutte in the background just walking around with no emotion. I would put him third, but Taylor not far behind.

tigerace likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bech is maybe better used as a blocking receiver.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I don't think Bech is over his injury

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Bech played some but was standing, ready to go in a lot of the time. Did not play most of the time.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Bech has had 3 targets and 2 catches in 3 games.
    I think last year he was switching between TE on some plays and Slot WR on others. Mason Taylor has 30+ pounds on Bech, who honestly was not your prototypical TE size-wise. In the Slot WR position, Nabers passed him on the depth chart, I'm guessing.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

CBK admitted this week that they need to get Bech more involved. He currently has two catches for 22 yards. That's not acceptable for a talented receiver like Bech. IMO, he's proven he's a reliable receiver and we're only hurting ourselves when we don't utilize him like we did last year.