What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not that simple. it depends. there are parts of ukraine that the majority there are self-described ethnic russians that think ukraine is the colonizer. if those parts are taken by russia, and we went to "liberate" them, the locals would fight us.

does the population get to decide which country they are? maybe. but maybe not. its not a simple yes or no.

can palestine become israel when israeli settlements outnumber the palestinians? when they have the lebensraum, the settler colonization and natives that overwhelm the local population in the long term?

if the russians take kiev, we should probably step in. but they wont.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what does make right, senor? who defines who owns a place?

also i see little evidence that bloke would help the russians. i suspect you have TDS and believe the lies that trump maga people like you think this guy is, are pro-russian.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is what i call sarcastic straw man. nobody said those things you are pretending people said those things and portraying them as absurd. why not just present an honest interpretation of what your opponents said and argue with that

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So after they take Ukraine you won't give a fuck when they go after the Baltic states, Poland, and Romania. Because none of them can defend their land without NATO forces and NATO couldn't without US forces.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Give me a reason to care? How does it affect USA? Or even my life? How does this affect you?

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

russia wont invade the baltics and go to war with NATO, even if the USA left NATO. the french german and british are not an insignificant force. plus the US would help arm NATO with tech and weapons that would be awesome and catastrophic for russian army.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You are a short sighted fool. It will make for a much less stable world. One where the United States has many more limitations. You and your children will be poorer.
    Faithlessness is never rewarded

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So you think. In this crisis we had to twist Germany to support NATO. They are becoming dependent on Russian gas and will be even more so as Nordstream 2 is completed. Russia will try to pick off the Baltic states and Poland one by one as it has Belarus,Crimea and eastern Ukraine.
    Putin has a goal of reconstituting the old Soviet Russia he idolized. He has always been clear about this. As clear as Hitler was in Mein Kamph. Let’s not forget and screw up like the French and Brits did in the 30s.

9. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

The right says yes and the left says no. And vice versa. It’s not about country or even common sense. It’s about defeating the other political party. We’re in trouble, Putin and Xi are aware and will surely scheme. Unless, or especially, if we have our own civil war.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tell that to Pedo Joe who paved the fucking way for him to do it! My God you couldn't be a bigger jackass!