What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

1. I believe Ukraine can hold out longer than Russia can continue. Entering Kiev will be a lot easier than staying there, and it hasn't proven easy in the first place. For that reason I believe Kiev "falling" will not be a seminal event. It will not mean the end of Ukraine nor of its government. And if Zelensky is assassinated, well that would be a tragedy, but it's not like he's a Putin-type tyrant whose death would cause massive chaos. Next man up, it's a democracy.
    2. The Russian army WILL collapse, but I don't think Putin will collapse with it. Russian nationalism will keep him in power. They've put up with tyranny all these years and are not likely to want anything better any time soon. As for Russian exports, they will resume after this war. They have no economic choice.
    3. Ukraine will become a member of both NATO and the EU in the not too distant future, and after having suffered a military calamity in Ukraine there's not a damn thing short of nuclear holocaust that Russia will be able to stop it. Or even threaten to stop it.
    4. I'm feeling optimistic. The word is see from various sources is that morale among the Ukrainian defenders is high, and very poor among the Russian invaders.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

A report from the battlefront:

"In the field, there have been the following developments: Russian fighter/bomber jets that have been fatally hit by anti-aircraft fire have ejector seats, as do all such planes. However, curiously, in the past week, the parachutes of three pilots that ejected failed to open. He said that even one such instance is an incident worthy of note. He said that two in a week practically defies belief. Three in a week (as with last week) went beyond being able to be explained as a accident. Russia doesn't want its pilots talking. Period. Not about what they were told is their mission, what their orders were, or what they even knew about what they had been told to do. In the Ukraine, itself, word is getting around that Russia is sabotaging the parachutes of its fighter planes to make sure that any pilot ejecting will never talk. That is certainly one way to do it. But there is no doubt in Ukrainian minds (probably Russian minds, either) that Putin is ruthless enough to prefer dead pilots to talking pilots. This, on the other hand, gives pilots with non-lethal engine trouble a huge incentive to land on a Ukrainian-controlled airfield, hand over their orders, their planes, and themselves. It certainly beats hitting the ground at an accumulated 32 feet per second per second from several thousand feet up."

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You don’t know much about Russia if you think they care about body counts.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

none of that is coulterpoint, its a personal deflection.

are you keeping it a secret whether you heard the interview we are discussing? wont answer whether you heard it or not or defend any of your claims about said interview?

these arguments usually seem to end in you cats refusing to discuss it, and resorting to personal stuff

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

It obviously wasn't sarcasm because that orange jackass has double-downed and triple-downed that praise.

At best, jmg meant "jest" instead of "sarcasm", but even then he'd still be wrong.... and a pathetic trump apologist who swears he didn't vote for him.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see, so your contention is that he needed more than years and years and many investigators. he would have found it eventually? because you know, without evidence,
    that its there, even though the evidence cannot be found after exhaustive search? seems like a faith-based belief.

you are losing this argument so you resort to delfection and insults. your hope is that i respond with "no you are stupid!" or whatever, instead of counterpoint. it doesnt work on me, i cannot be distracted.

mueller didnt find the collusion, and yet you are certain it exists. without evidence.

because like you, maddow wouldnt give up on the russia lie. she pushed it daily. she is among the worst offenders in the media on lying about this. she told us every day that mueller would crush trump she was wrong. he didnt. she told me the walls were closing in. they were. every day she said explicitly or implied that trump was a russian agent or puppet. and she told us mueller would uncover it. but he didnt. she is a kooky conspiracy theorist with TDS. and you guys ate it up.

and even as the mueller report specically debuns your claims, you persist.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not that big of a deal. NATO and the EU will stay exactly the same, and russia will get bogged down in ukraine, then take the two contested regions and life goes on, with NATO finally listening to trump and investing more into defense.

dont be so dramatic.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you voted for him, i didnt. you voted for him twice.

did you hear the interview either or you both just pissing in the wind?

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

agreed, the same way it cannot be proved you dont assfuck babies. you are using making a very dumb point about the technical nature of proof.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

fox, by being so profitable, ruined journalism. CNN and MSNBC etc saw that advocacy journalism was the way to make money for the shareholders, so they did it. and anti-trump advocacy really sells to the oafish performatively angry left.

so maddow became bill o'reilly. selling russia conspiracy to a willing audience, and juicing her ratings.

the left simply cannot accept that trump is what he obviously is, a very narcissistic showman from queens. they need him to be something far more sinister. a russian agent! lets pretend that!