What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No did you read my answer. Oil isn’t the only solution. I’m for pursuing all the viable sources. I believe electrc cars if something we should emphasize as the product is mature enough and market and infrastructure is developing quickly enough to support. I am also in favor of domestic production over foreign.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

If we must use oil then it is better to produce us ourselves. I'm really laughing here, because you obviously think this was some sort of genius gotcha question.

Does that mean trump was correct to open up Federal lands, parks, wildernesses, waterways to oil production? No. Better to invest in alternative sources of energy.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

should we increase domestic production?

yes one your rhetorical techniques is to pretend something is funny as a deflection. "lol racist hypocrite" is essentially your strategy.

if we need oil to the extent that we are buying it from overseas, shouldnt we produce more domestically? or maybe stop buying foreign oil such that the price of oil goes wildly up and this drives investment into clean energy?

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so we should increase domestic production to the extent where we are energy independent like trump says? or continue buying foreign oil?

when trump says we should produce enough to where we no longer need foreign oil, do you agree? i do. but i can answer even if it means i have sided with trumo. like if trump says murder is bad, i can agree.

you are unable to answer a simple yes or no question. should we increase domestic oil production and become energy independent?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

fine but we need oil now. should we increase domestic production like trump wanted?

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Asked and answered

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

BTW it wasn’t original with Trump. I’ve been supporting increased domestic production for over 40 years. So did every preceding republican president. I guess Trump is following me and the others.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its very important policy, being energy independent. maybe you should vote trump. its not just about oil prices, being energy independent (and lets not pretend that means alternatives, it means oil and will mean oil for a loing time) its a huge geopolitical issue. we cant keep funding our enemies and even pretend allies like saudi arabia.

but those that oppose trump favor environmental policies that not only hurt the economy, but hurt the environment, if we are to believe that fossil fuel burning destroys the earth.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There are many reasons to decide who to vote for. There are many more reasons not to support trump. It’s not even close. That doesn’t mean I support or vote for democrats. It’s not a binary choice.

seabrookcajun likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

and one of the most important is energy independence, along with avoiding all the counterproductive green new deal democrat nonsense. if trump were president, we would have spent less, lower inflation, lower gas prices. more domestic oil production. higher oil prices hurt is in a whole lot of ways. its a huge issue, one of the most important.

we could top funding russia war without 5 dollar gas

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022