What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

"Intervene" in what way? Militarily? We've already intervened with sanctions and money and weapons to Ukraine. And we should keep doing that. And as for sending in troops or bombing the Russians, that won't happen unless Putin attacks NATO or does something really, really horrific.

As for "a quagmire"... I don't think so. I'm seeing signs that this invasion will blow up in their faces in the not too distant future.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

They are having a war because they got invaded. And they were invaded because Putin fears Ukrainian democracy. Those "Russians" inside Ukraine were happier in Ukraine than the Russians in Russia, and Putin knows it. Can't have that.

3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Who said that I was a republican? Christian libertarian….almost an anarchist in my loathing of government at all levels. I’m against war except for self defense. I’m for minding our own business. I’m against foreign aid especially to Israel. I have PTSD from in the 80s and I couldn’t see the dead from my aircraft carrier except in my sleep. Still do at times. It dawned on me then those people didn’t do a damn thing to us. Seeing recon photos of the craters in the villages in Lebanon that were left by the USS New Jersey and the bombs from our aircraft.
    So all of you evil bastards beating the war drums the blood is on your collective heads and GOD will settle all accounts. Winston, your 70 years old. Your time on this earth is limited as we are given 70 years for a lifespan. You’re already on borrowed time is it worth gambling with your soul?

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

fine, but none of that makes it our business. if democracies want to be democracies, they sometimes have to fight.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we should also stop buying their oil, and be energy independent like trump wanted.

Frogleg and fanatic like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's even worse.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i bet that guy is a racist hypocrite. now lets put that aside.

we should be energy independent. we should sell energy to every country that currently buys from russia.

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Good luck with that.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

This Putin episode, and as near now as we are to Mutually Assured Destruction, should remind us all how dangerous it is to vote for hate-filled lunatics.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Everyone, especially Ukrainians, should sleep well now, given your keen insight on the situation.
    Really doesn't mean much coming from you, since you see hate-filled lunatics at every turn; when there are none.

Frogleg, LSUpride123 and Jmg like this.