What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is why biden and the left are so dangerous now. they work in tandem with the media to silence opponents.

they even tried to get a minister of truth. that way they could lie to us and force us to get medicated, or trick us into funding wars. they could have information removed from social media if it didnt serve their interests.

and the typical liberal is fine with authoritarian control as long as they can tell their friends they hate trump the most.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

How were we tricked into funding a war?

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lemme ask our friend rex about the govt tricking us into war:

you made a whole thread about govt lies leading to war

http://www.tigerfan.com/threads/a-brief-list-of-some-of-bushs-lies.35308/#post-419086

also if you read closely i was making no claim i was saying the govt "could" trick us. and you agree with that.

biden's ministry of truth is dangerous. we dont need to govt shaping our opinions. the govt lies. you said so yourself.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Biden doesn't have a "ministry of truth", and Biden is not Bush.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct, not an active one. his ministry of truth was an idea/plan that was defeated. thank god for that.

but unfortunately the govt pressures the media to advance false narratives and makes shit up.

again, correct, biden isnt bush. his war is different. but at least we agree the govt has a history of lying to get us into war.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Biden never had a plan for a "ministry of truth" in the Orwell authoritarian sense. He had a plan for a government official to serve as a watchdog against misinformation, and advise media outlets of his findings. That official was advisory only and would not have had the power to force anybody to publish or retract anything. The plan was never "defeated', Biden withdrew it because it took too much explanation.

Now that that's been cleared up...

Did Biden lie us into war? What was his lie?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am sure the political left told you that.

well not really, it was massive public backlash. standing ovation for the american people. we still care about freedom when the govt wants to be authoritarian. yunno who they wanted to head the ministry of truth? a person whose education is basically in anti-russia propaganda. she was a fullbright scholar in kiev, a communications adviser with the ukraine foreign ministry. thats odd right?

as far as the lies that got us into war, its many things. its many things the press will not report, its false claims about russia that create anger and antagonism towards russia (for example the hunter biden laptop claim, @Tiger in NC still clings to that one!). the left wont report that nazism is a real problem in ukraine, or that azov battalion is obviously nazi or that putin is popular in eastern ukraine, and might win an election there. its that mueller said the investigation that he did not establish that members of the trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the russian government in its election interference, but the media keeps saying mueller did find that. hillary claims putin stole the election for trump, thats a lie. this is how they use soft power to do what chomsky called "manufactured consent".

i see a video of ukraine soldiers comitting war crimes, media ignores it, same thing happens with russia, media amplifies it.

war mongers from way back now work in media and amplify lies. thats the career arc. be a war monger from the bush and obama era, work for cnn and msnbc now and call for war. like james clapper, who is a known liar for the US security state. nicole wallace was the press person for the bush war regime, now she works for MSNBC. how does that work?

the anti-war left doesnt exist anymore. why is that? why is it bernie and AOC on board to fund war now? its that the govt/press/security/state/DNC have melded together. its very dangerous.

if iraq war was today, the DNC would favor it, provided trump said at least once that saddam is not satan.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i would like to note here that i graciously answer and discuss your questions at length while my politcal opponents refuse to answer simple yes or no questions until i ask somewhere between 50 and 100 times and even then still refuse.

and its not that they dont have time. i ask @Tiger in NC if evidence exists for russian involvement in the biden laptop, and he wont say yes or no. afraid to. cant even type yes or no.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That Russia spread misinformation on social media and other venues to affect the 2016 and 2020 elections is established FACT. Putin even admitted on global public television that he wanted trump to win, and when you assert that he did nothing to further that goal you know you're lying.

And then.... to think that support for Ukraine's defense in this war is because of Hunter's laptop just shows how far down into your fantasy hole you've sunk. The only people who give a rat's ass about Hunter's laptop are Republican dipshits who think they can make political hay of it against his father, but have failed miserably with that. Most Americans support this war because they know that Ukraine is a democracy and Russia is a tyranny, because they know Putin has expansionist aspirations, because they've seen Russia target civilian apartment buildings, hospitals, and schools, because they've kidnapped tens of thousands of children, and because Putin is a monster.

Ukraine has Nazis? Well, no shit. Lots of Nazis all throughout Europe, but to insinuate that Nazism is the predominant political driver in Ukraine is propagandist bullshit, especially when America knows that their president is a JEW. And because there are Nazis in Poland and Germany does that mean you'd also support Putin invading THOSE countries?

All you've managed to do here is to further an onlooker's understanding of your love for trump.... you love Vladimir Putin so support any of his puppets.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I'm obviously living rent free in your head. You can't seem to let go of the fact that I will not play along with your propaganda. I laid it out for both you and Pride how Rudy Guiliani is the person who claimed that all of the proof of bribery and money laundering and human trafficking were on Hunter Biden's laptop. Who spent time in Ukraine trying to dig up dirt on the Biden's prior to the 2020 election? That's right! Guiliani did. Who was he talking to there? The Russian backed Ukrainian group that were sanctioned by the Department of Treasury. Let's see....here you go:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/22/hunter-biden-giuliani-hard-drive-431022
    Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, has said he obtained the materials from the laptop of Hunter Biden, the Democratic nominee’s son.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ves-that-he-previously-said-they-already-had/
    On Thursday, The Washington Post reported that the FBI became aware in late 2019 that Giuliani was the target of a Russian influence operation aimed at damaging then-presidential candidate Joe Biden. Giuliani had previously met with a Ukrainian lawmaker, whom the Treasury Department later sanctioned and described as an “active Russian agent for over a decade.” And in October, Time magazine reported that emails and photos purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden had been circulating in Ukraine for months “at the same time that Rudy Giuliani was searching for dirt there” on Joe Biden.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ni-drops-Hunter-Biden-laptop-story-media.html
    Former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani appeared amused during Friday's interview on Newsmax while sharing how he was the one who dropped the bombshell report to the media about the notorious Hunter Biden laptop story and blasts the FBI for telling Facebook to keep it concealed.

Here is a video of Guiliani's own words about the laptop and Rudy's lies about it...

This will be the last time I provide evidence for you. It's clear as a bell on Sunday morning my friend. Believing that the Hunter Biden laptop story wasn't embellished by Rudy because of what he was fed by a Russian group in Ukraine is just silly. Guiliani bragged that he was the one who broke the laptop story.

For @LSUpride123 I hope you will see that all of these articles do indeed mention the word "laptop" in them.