What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I asked a question. You can deflect and create a fallacy. That is your choice, but I didn’t advocate for any side.

Of all the abortions, what % are rape babies?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why? They both have heart beats.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Probably pretty low. What does it matter?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So volume of deaths do or don’t matter?

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You think a heart beat is what makes a person? So, those spouses who decide to pull the plug on their brain dead loved ones should be charged with murder?

By the way, an actual heart beat doesn't occur until the end of the first trimester, at the very earliest, and 92% of abortions occur before then. So, by your admission you've already distorted the truth. If a heartbeat makes a person, then your 600k number is down to 48k.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Can you share your data? The heartbeats at 5-6 weeks. CDC data states 9/10 abortions are before 12 weeks.

Also, define what You think a person is. A heartbeat is clearly something shared among the living. In other words, 100% of everyone alive has a heartbeat.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No, you can't. There is no heart at six weeks, so how can there be a heart beat? That's just anti-abortion rights propaganda. An electrical impulse is not a heart beat.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I take it you dont have kids. We saw ours on all our kids at week 6 on the ultra-sound.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/6-week-ultrasound#reasons-for-early-scan

In reality, there are many reasons your doctor may want an early scan. Typically, in this initial pregnancy ultrasound, your doctor wants to check on:

• Heartbeat. Often you can see a heartbeat after 5 weeks, although sometimes you’ll have to wait a little longer. Be prepared: This may be the first time you see your baby’s heartbeat, and it can be very emotional.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So, did you have anything to support your numbers? Or you just made them up?

Anyway, the broader point is about morals.

Why is some intentional death OK and others not?

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

A person is a human with a functioning brain that has the capacity to make decisions on how to act. That is, someone who is guided by reason, and thus has a personality. Even an insane person qualifies, or someone under anesthesia, but not somebody without a functioning brain. I am opposed to abortions in the third trimester because I believe that such fetuses, even though their powers of reason haven't been yet ignited, that they are sufficiently developed and probably could if they were born. There are, however, circumstances where I would certainly defer to the rights of the mother. That's why Roe v. Wade is such brilliant jurisprudence.