What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

But the news said...

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think a decent argument can be made that iraq was the aggressor who attacked kuwait and then failed to abide by the terms of the ceasefire that ended that war

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yes, but a number of countries disagreed with the US that Iraq WAS following the guidelines and allowing the inspectors in. The US just thought they were lying about what was there.

In the end, the US didnt find anything.

But you make a good point. Its not always clear.

Also, clearly Russian way of life is not something I admire or would want, but I acknowledge utopia will never exist and we can keep our local peace through strength. We dont always have to go and fight everything that moves and should understand not every humans wants our way.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its much different. the US is a massive historical anomaly in that they are not truly ambitious, and they return to the country to its people and ask them to elect their own leaders. we didnt want to keep these countries we invaded. we wanted them to be peaceful and free, not ours. russia wants to own ukraine. we didnt want to own vietnam. we just wanted them to not be communist.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, It was Russia at one point. They also dont seem to be interested in taking the entire country.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

iraq should have never invaded kuwait. and it was more than the WMD, they were violating the terms of the end of the previous war in many ways.

so even though it took between 91 and 03 or whatever, it could fairly be considered a war that started when iraq invaded kuwait

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

that doesnt mean anything. it isnt now and it has a right to exist

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea but that 91 war ended. We invaded Iraq in 2003 based on information that simply wasn't true. 200K civs died.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont disagree, but I dont care either. Its not a US problem no matter how much the media and pundits say it is.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well then russia is the agressor, and therefore the bad guy, in the same way china would be if they invade taiwan. they would say taiwan used to be china. i would say china used to be taiwan. none of that matters the issue is who runs it now.
    it ended conditionally on a cease fire agreement which was violated. not just WMD