What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

no, and the difference is that the baltics dont have the russian sympathizers the way those others do. the polish and baltic populations will not allow russian rule. i went there and asked them.

the baltics are like southern versions of the scandinavian countries. they are very independent minded and wont put up with russians the way they do in easter ukraine and crimea.

there is basically zero chance putin will attack a NATO country. this whole drama now is to divide ukraine such that they have no hope of joining NATO. he wants to get ukraine before it westernizes and allies with the EU and US and is a lost cause for putin. the baltics are a lost cause already.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

are there any wars you dont want to fight

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Shane Shane Shane where have I ever defended Biden? Frankly this is less about Biden or Trump than it is a general statement about the western countries.
    I said it in 2012 when Obama attacked Romney about Russia.
    Putin may be leading a failing state but it’s a state with nuclear weapons and a possibly effective military.
    He has had a vision since the fall of the Soviet Union and has been pursuing it ruthlessly while the west dithers. The consequences of failure on our part are devastating especially if you include the threat of China.
    I went to the Soviet Union in 1987. It was a miserable place then and still is today. I saw that the chance of them conquering us was slim but I’d rather die than live under that regime. That holds true today.
    It doesn’t matter who the president is if we fail to support Ukraine everyone will suffer. BTW I don’t mean we need to fight for them but we need to support Ukraine and punish Putin his cronies and Russia if they follow through. If we don’t watch Europe bend the knee to the east.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh, I didnt know WW3 was stability.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why do you guys hate Russia so much? Far worse countries in the world. I mean, we are being attacked from within and you guys wanna go across the pond to fight Russians. Makes no sense.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right, during the Obama admin they set up all the money laundering. Ukraine is our Cuba.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’m sure your grandfather said the same thing about Hitler and Germans in the 1030s. You do know there was a significant America First movement going strong right up to December 7, 1941

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Ask the English, French and Americans in 1938.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The Baltics didn’t want Soviet rule in the 1920s or after 1945. However they were and are too small to be more than a squirrel in the road to the Russians.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@shane0911 and @LSUpride123 snd @Jmg you say I want war. Actually I want to prevent this war and an even larger one. You don’t prevent war by backing down to a bully. You only delay it and put yourself in a weaker position by caving in. That’s been proven time and time again. It’s human nature for bullies to exploit weakness or perceived weakness. Putin is nothing more than a swaggering bully…with a modicum of a modern army and nuclear weapons. Yes Russia is. By most measures a weak state, maybe on the verge of failure. However Putin in the absolute dictator and is following a vision he’s held for over 30 years. He may be desperate but he has the means to sow chaos.
    It would have been a cheap price to stop Hitler as late as 1938. After Poland it cost 60,000,000 or more lives.