well...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What I think of you is completely irrelevant to the argument.
    The only thing it means is that it got him into camp. That's it.
    Some scouts favor Cutler, as do I. Questions about VY are aplenty.
    I think Cutler will be better in large part because he seems to be really intelligent. Take a look at the best QB's in the NFL. They all come across as very smart. It takes a lot of wit and quick-thinking to survive in that league. VY has never struck me as anything of that sort. And yes, the way you present yourself in conversation is a strong indicator of who you really are.
    Didn't do that. I'm not SabanFan.
    This may be the root of the problem. You seem to take someone disagreeing with you entirely too personally. If I think someone's opinion is completely ridiculous, I don't even bother replying because they clearly are devoid of all rationale on the topic at hand. As a sports writer, you will be subject to a lot of scrutiny from readers and other writers alike. All I can say is that I hope you handle that quite differently than you do the basic idealogical opposition on this board.
    Simply put, I think that VY has WAY too much to learn so late in the game and not exactly the best equipment (brains) to do it with.
    First off, I'm not doubting his arm strength, just his mechanics and accuracy. Michael Vick has one of the strongest arms in the game. But you seem to think he's the worst QB ever. Secondly, it wasn't until last year that people took him seriously as a passer. Whether or not he can continue to improve remains to be seen. But I tell you what, there is no way he'll make it in the league with that throwing motion.

2. clair

clair Rockets

If I took everything I got on here personally, I'd be in prison right now. You take the little things I say, that I mean jokingly, the wrong way.

I could care less what someone says, because unless, I am on the field, or the person bashing me is on the field, then it is all a major crap shoot, ultimately.

With that being said, I am passionate enough about the topic, that I never give in, and I never back down from my thoughts for anyone. This is where the whole "love me or hate me" thing comes in with sportswriters.

I guess, in a sense, I just come off as strong as I do because I just feel passionate about the subjects. I don't know?

I really don't take anything you say personally, though, and trust me, if I ever saw you in the streets, I'd go out of my way to give you a hand-shake.

I don't want people to think I am a jerk, or a tool, b/c I call someone a "clown" or a "dufus" or something. That is just how I am. I am a kidder. You have all seen the crazy pictures of myself on my facebook, etc...

P.S. why do you think I stay out of the "Free-Speech" Forum

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

why cant CC just be friendly to cgisclair, like cgisclair's old high school teammate ryan perrilloux.

4. clair

clair Rockets

what can I say?

you stumped me... :dis:

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I originally thought that Vince would be a huge bust in the NFL based on the same reasons many here are saying.

But I'm not so sure about that prediction any more, and it is because of one reason - Norm Chow. The man can develop quarterbacks. If Vince had gone to any other team, I would have continued to believe he'd be a bust, but not anymore.

6. clair

clair Rockets

Norm Chow has said numerous times during this camp that VY is far better and far more talented than Leinart is.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

And yet he lobbied with all of his might to get Leinart in the draft...

Nobody doubts that VY is a better athlete, with better arm strength & running ability. But Leinart is, at the time, a better QB.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Both Fisher AND Chow wanted Leinart over radio. Yet Titans ownership forced their hands.

Do I need to post a list of players selected in the first round... nay.. top 5... who weren't the right fit for you?

9. clair

clair Rockets

Jay Cutler looked really good in his debut today, but the end result was much like a game of his at Vandy: a loss...

Nah, seriously... he look really good.. I came away impressed

10. clair

clair Rockets

Titans play Broncos

and Young outplays Cutler

And the Broncos defense is far better than the Titans... humm...