well...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 27, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Vince Young just signed... for MORE than Mario Williams, so the Saints need to poke out, or Reggie will be sitting... and I don't blame him...

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

more incentives, less guaranteed

Doesn't matter how many incentives that they pile on his contract. It needs to be between 25.7 and 26 million in guaranteed money.

3. clair

clair Rockets

this is true.. this is also something I was hearing about on ESPN radio earlier. They were saying that the Saints may go 8-10 mill over Williams's 54 mill in "salary", but may fall short in the guaranteed money

4. clair

clair Rockets

1. who cares if you're catching a snap out of gun, or going under center, the throw is all the same

2. it was proven on NFL draft-day that his ball actually soars just as high as Leinart and Cutler's do... they showed a chart of all of their throws

3. You didn't watch the Rose Bowl if you don't think he can break down a defense

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I'm with you. He's got entirely too much to learn so late in the game (no pun intended). His ability to run often masked his horrible decision-making and complete inability to read defenses. And yes, his throwing motion makes me cringe.

I find it funny that clair thinks Vick is the most terrible QB ever, yet is defending a similar guy with obvious questions.
    You don't watch much football if you think SoCal's 'defense' is anything like he'll see in the NFL. Paul Pinegar made mince meat out of that unit.

6. clair

clair Rockets

To start on Oklahoma's defense, and Ohio State's defense, you have to be an eventual pro

and he torched both equally

And I never said he'd be the best QB since Unitas, I just dont think he'll be the "biggest bust ever"

look at Cutler if you want to go that route... how many games has he won, again?

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think VY is a big question mark. His leadership skills can overcome a lot, IMO. I'll be very curious to see how he translates to the NFL. I thought he read defenses pretty darned well last year, which was remarkable because he a complete inability to do so before that.

Major Adams gets some Major Props for working such a good deal. I know there was a lot of snickering about him being the agent, and up to draft day, it really didn't look like he knew what he was doing.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well, TCU beat OU this past year. I guess their QB should get this kind of money. It's no secret that running QBs (and yes, that's still what he is) haven't fared too well in the NFL lately (or ever, really)..
    That's obviously subjective. But yeah, it's going to be hard to take down Marinovich and Leaf.
    :rofl: Did you just compare Vandy's talent to Texas'? :rofl:

Yeah, I'd say that VY had just a tad bit more to work with. Seriously, let's be reasonable here.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think 10 years down the line, none of the qb's this year will ever be considered one of the greats. Maybe a Pro Bowl or two, but nothing spectacular, like the media wants it to be.

10. clair

clair Rockets

that was your exact quote...

and I disagree...

come find me 2-3 years from now, and I think you'll be wrong...

If Vick can be servicable, so can he... b/c he is a far better passer

i'll leave it at that