News Voter ID Requirement

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

IF it is true that illegals can get a school ID then they can also get any of the other required state issued id forms too, so whats the big deal?

Like I said, on the surface level this is a good law that adds integrity to the voting process. Just below that is a dirty attempt to limit the number of college students who vote because they vote heavily democratic and they are concentrated on college campuses and in college towns. Here in NC our heavily Republican congress and senate, along with the governor, just removed all voting locations that are on college campuses.

You can pick and choose all you like, Pride, but the truth is that the Republicans were never worried about the integrity of elections until it became apparent that due to demographic changes they were on a short leash even in places like Texas. You mean to tell me that they just woke up one day worried about election integrity? Yeah sure buddy....you just keep sipping on that glass of kool-aid they handed you.....hope they at least gave you the good shit where you can taste the sugar and not that shit they give you in vacation bible school that has no sugar because they don't want to put up with your wound up ass.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Of course. Any ID is no good unless they check it against the election roles when you show up to vote. But to not accept a student id as a legitimate form of id when your name is on the roles is blatant. Especially when you consider that most of the states that have enacted voter id laws have also made laws that do not allow college students to vote where they go to school so they have to either go home to vote on election day and miss classes or early vote....which by the way has been heavily restricted by the very same ass holes who are making the voter id laws and the laws that will not allow them to vote at school. This is obviously with the caveat that they are eligible to vote in that state, district, etc.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nice spin. Please quote me where I defended republicans.

Also prove that this Texas requirement is republican driven.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They sure can't be denied access to public schools so if they're 18, get into a public school that

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Everything in Texas is republican driven. What's your point? :)

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Most students are temporary residents with out of town DL's. You have to vote in your precinct of primary residence or absentee vote. When I lived in the dorms I had to absentee vote. When I had an apartment and had a DL in my college town, I voted in that precinct. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you really want to vote then you can vote. If you waiting for the Party Bus to come pick you up with free donuts to mass vote then go back to Tammany Hall.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Free beer would work for students

8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

So I voted in New York for the first time since I moved up here from Florida. No picture ID required, but your signature must match. If they don't reasonably match, you need to show photo ID. Registration was done in conjunction with new driver's license. If you don't have a DL, you can use SS# or some other government form of ID. Just an fyi from a very blue state.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

IDK, the ex mayor of Charlotte, make that the felonious ex mayor of Charlotte just got busted for voter fraud. He only got nabbed because the pesky press noticed him leaving poll. Those that were not known could have gotten away with it all day!

It's hard to prove something does not exist. I am afraid the old fashioned, unsophisticated smell test, suggests otherwise in regard to the level of voter fraud.

But, why take even a small chance, an ID solves it all.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

What a pitiful, trite example. Sounds like she voted after all. What is the point? System worked. With a good law and a good process (consistent and reliable results) it would have been a breeze.