News Voter ID Requirement

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 2, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

To be clear, I think it is to stop non-Americans from voting cause they vote heavily Democrat. I was suprised to learn of the example you sited. That is buulshit.

A student id should be acceptable. Come to think of it, don't some states now let illegals get a DL? I think they need to proove citizenship to register. Is a birth certifcate ia requirement?

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then have a sweeping ID law.

It will always be selective when you have every state with their own agenda.

But just like the so called "war on women" I have seen nothing presented that proves either.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If illegals can go to school, I do not see a problem with not allowing a school ID.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Good point.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Look, I'm in favor of voter ID even though there is no such thing as voter fraud, I just wish Repubs would be honest and come out and say they are trying to keep minorities from voting. I mean if I gotta get an ID so should everyone else, but come on, just admit it republicans, grow some fucking nuts and admit it already.

It's like Saban saying hurry up offenses need to be slowed down to protect players. Ninja please, just say you have a hard time defending it so you want a rule change. Liar.

red55 likes this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

ITs not about having an ID to vote, but the hoops they make you jump through to get the right ID, see Texas recently for examples. 71 year old woman had parking tickets, they suspended her license, put her on a payment plan to pay the tickets in the last 2 months. She was told she couldnt vote in Texas because it isnt a valid ID. Kids cant even use college id s to vote in Texas, the mere cumbersome climate of obtaining the "right" ID, surely discriminates against quite a few.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

so, as stated, you need an id to drive, buy booze, smoke, go to school, get money out of your bank, all sorts of other aspects of every day life but you DON'T need one to participate in one of the most honored and sacred practices that we are afforded in this country?

Yeah that dog won't hunt.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

how did they vote before picture id, unless voting is something we just start doing in the last 80 years sans blacks and women?
    will that dog hunt?

any fraud related to voting pre picture ID or did conservatives care if someone voted twice?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh they did, my question is why is it such a travesty to require an ID to vote. It isn't is the answer.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

I have no issue with requiring an ID, its just the tactics to disenfranchise votes, whether they admit it or not, this has nothing to do with illegals.
    Republicans know if blacks and women turned out at every election, they wouldnt win much.
    Tell me if you think this is fair to this woman.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/93-year-old-among-those-facing-voting-hurdles

exan Ruby Barber is 93 years old and has lived in the state for 77 years. She voted for the first time when she turned 21 and has been a regular voter ever since. This year, Barber was initially denied an Election Identification Certificate (EIC), Texas’s voter ID card. The rejection meant that she couldn’t vote.

Ruby relies on her son Jim Denton for transportation because her driver’s license expired in 2010, and she is ineligible for a new one due to a medical condition. Jim recounted his mother’s voting story to msnbc:

We read about [the new law] in the newspaper. She has macular degeneration so she lost her driver’s license in 2010. But she’s got her current voter registration card and everything. I thought since she had the driver’s license and because she had a current registration it would work.

She goes down to get a voter ID card … they would not accept her driver’s license as a picture ID card so that she could get a voter ID card because … it was too old.

They said, “Well, you gotta have a birth certificate.”

I said, “She does not have a birth certificate, she was born in rural Tennessee in 1921 … there were many cases where people born like that had a midwife and that was it — they didn’t have birth certificates, it was just in the family Bible.”

They said, “We’re sorry, we can’t give you a voter ID card.”

Shortly after her struggle to obtain the identification required to vote in Texas, the Waco Tribune published a front-page story on Ruby Barber’s experience. Two days later, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) invited Barber back, this time with the promise of a voter ID card.

Upon Ruby and Jim’s return to the DPS office, employees cited the 1940 Census as proof that Barber lives in Texas, and issued her an ElC.

EIC card equals bullshit overburdens.

LaSalleAve likes this.