Video of Saban recruiting 5 star 2022 DE Enai White via Zoom call

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Jan 27, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Its amazing to me the hate for Les Miles.

You judge him based on only beating Bama.

Who in the SEC beats Bama that often.

Auburn and LSU were about it for the most part.

Les Miles was a good coach and anyone who says different doesnt know about football. Did he do some things i disagree with yes. But he ran a good program and won a National Championship.

If you solely base him against Saban then he comes up short as a coach. If you judge him as a man i would take 10 Les Miles over that Piece of crap saban.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

We lost 5 games in 2008. The year we won in 2007. Also have to figure in the three games we dropped due to COVID. Let’s fact it Les Miles was a terrible head coach and it’s even showing how bad he is at Kansas.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think anyone here "hates" Les. I and I think others grew tired of him refusing to change. Hell the gnome king himself was "anti-spread" or whatever you wish to call the changing offensive philosophy and he made the change. Les never did, refused to, insisted his way was it. It wasn't.

No hate, in fact I as well as many would probably love for him to be here still, just with an offense.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Never got a chance to comment on the video. Pretty eye opening. I always thought you had to be a good salesman or a very social person to be that good in recruiting. This video completely invalidates that to me. And it confirms that Saban is really just selling recruits on everything we thought he would. And, dear god, does he look uncomfortable doing it. He cannot relate to this kid at all. I imagine he has similar relationships with his staff.

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Good thread btw. My take about Les and O. Les is a far better person than O. Les for all of his attributes is stuck in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust mentality from his playing days in the B1G. He hasn’t adapted and I don’t think that he can. Great guy but the game has evolved beyond his comfort zone.
    O is a great recruiter but is perceived to be unethical in life and football. There were many at Ol Piss that breathed a huge sigh of relief when he got gone. I know this because I worked with several alum from there and one guy that played there. This is not my first hand knowledge just passing on what I was told about O.

Having been through the wilderness and watching Terdersee wander it for 14 years(prob suffer 5 more years) LSU needs to be damn cautious over the next 2 years. O will be gone in two years or less(maybe wrong) the coach after has got to be a home run or LSU is in danger of being irrelevant for several years.

I couldn't see the link here but found it. Saban at 69 years old is never going to relate to a teen. Should being able to relate to teens be the determining factor, then we wouldn’t have pulled such a high percentage of the Top 50 in this last class. I saw a CEO type that was selling his company. However, I would not be shocked to see his offer pulled for leaking the video.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That’s an interesting take. My perception of O from far away is that he is 100% in good faith. I never thought Les was a bad person at all, but I think O seems like a good person with good intentions. Little context clues like not trying to pull a transfer QB off the market when Brennan was next up signal to me that he cares about the people first. But I don’t know anyone even third hand who has met him, so I can’t say it’s for sure.

I’m not worried about LSU becoming irrelevant under O because he has been recruiting extremely well. Last year called into question his true head coaching abilities for me, but he seems like he has the right guys in place to build a playoff contender for 2022, and the talent is certainly still coming in. Just need COVID to pass so these kids can go out and get laid again.