Video Game Offense (The Drew Brees is God Thread)

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Wow. 45 points.....and with the last throwing TD scored with almost 9 minutes left in the game there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the Saints could have hung 50 on Detroit.

I heard someone refer to Drew Brees and the Saints as having a "video game offense" and I couldn't think of a better way to coin this team.

I went to the game yesterday. The Dome was rockin and the game was entertaining. I know every game won't be a 50 point track meet, but I bet we'll hang over 30 points up on just about anyone in the league.

We are so very blessed to have Drew Brees as our quarterback.This is gonna be an awesome season. I can't believe that I was happy at one point in time with Aaron Brooks as our QB. WOW, what a difference one position makes.

Drew Brees is the shiit.Saintslogo

3 people like this.
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

What he said! And not to forget he is as valuable off the field to the community as he is on the field to the Saints.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't have any comments to add, I'm just here to offer my sacrifice and kneel before the altar of Brees! SaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogo

I missed the first game and can't wait to see this team play the rest of the year. :popcorn:Saintslogo

1 person likes this.
  4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Repeat this post....

BUT I have to say that in my damn fantasy league I had last pick and didn't get him in my fantasy team. I was for a total points for week one in second place...I had 120 points TOTAL and the guy in first place had 146 and 50 with Brees alone! I was pissed! I love fantasy but playing on one league this year sux! I don't have numerous teams to watch and I can already see me getting bored early! I think I need at least 2 and max 3 to really enjoy the fantasy thing!

1 person likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The Saints should have had at least 55, with the easy FG that was blocked before the half and the last TD called back due to holding.

Amazing unstoppable offense.

If we put up 38 on Philly on the road this week, the Saints will have a shot at the all time scoring total for a season held by New England 2 years ago.

Brees has a legit shot at breaking both the yardage and touchdown record for QBs in a season if Shockey stays healthy.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I was thinking we'd put up like 20-25.

We put up 48 on the Eagles!!!

48!!!! How often do NFL teams put up 48 on anybody?!?!? Not very often.

And against the Eagles?!?!?! The Eagles!?!?!? In their house, probably the most feared home stadium in the NFL!?!?!?

This is unbelievable!!!!!!

When is the last time the Eagles gave up 48!?!?!

Eagles were the #1 D this year, and were #3 last year

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I thought Buck said yesterday that it was the most the Eagles have given up at home since they gave up 49 to the Packers....at Franklin Field. I didn't hear the year, but Franklin Field means we're talking early 70's, probably before then.

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I shudder to imagine this team without the contributions of Brees. I am really glad though that it looks like we are establishing a really solid running game with Bell. But another reason I bow at the Altar of Brees is his team first attitude and work ethic. He didn't even know he was within a few yards of the single season yardage record until after the game when someone told him. All he cares about is a W. I watched the Saints practice against the Texans in Houston twice during the preseason. There was only 1 player on either team that I noticed took every practice snap, drill, and even stretching exercises like he was preparing to play in the Superbowl - #9. I have seen lots of football practices at every level from Pop Warner to the NFL and have never seen a player as focused or intense in practice as he was in practice. It was kinda scary. And after practice was over, guess who stayed on the field literally until the other players had all signed autographs, given interviews, and were on the bus? Brees still working on footwork and timing routes with Lance Moore. I thought they were going to leave without him. That's why he is like he is.

9. islstl

The greatness that is Drew Brees

article -> Brees is best player in football

Goes much further than just his stat line.....

PS - I didn't write this article, but I might as well have.

10. islstl

Re: The greatness that is Drew Brees

Well maybe Drew Brees really is God.

One of Brees' young fans is Micah Roshell, 12, who is battling Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Micah's mother, Val, says she recalls the January day Brees and "a very pregnant Brittany" walked into Micah's hospital room and granted his wish to see his hero.

"Micah was very depressed because he knew his time was coming to an end," his mother says. "But when Drew came in with Brittany, I started screaming, 'Drew Brees is here!'

"Micah woke up and started talking to Drew. They began to play the Wii games. The two of them were inseparable."

Brees wore a mask because Micah's immune system was so weak. Micah won every game.

"After his visit, my son began to do what Drew Brees does every Sunday: He continues to fight and win," Roshell says. "Three weeks ago, we went to the clinic, and nobody recognized Micah. He looked that different."

Says Micah, "Drew told me to keep fighting."

Micah is healthy enough to have a November bone marrow transplant.

"That is awesome," Brees says. "Sometimes, the best treatment for some of these kids is not the medicine. It's the ability to put a smile on their face, to give them hope in a different way."