Vick indicted on dog fighting probe

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was never in Wyoming.

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story makes me sick to my stomach

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

"Ookie", "Ron Mexico"....Vick has a lot of nicknames. How ever does he keep up?

Vick was scum before this story came out. Even if he gets a slap on the wrist he'll loose endorsements and respect (what little there is left).

Harming or killing animals for sport is disgusting. Cock/Dog/Goat, whatever it is wrong. Being clear on that one: I'm not against hunting- you eat that meat and it's necessary to control the animal population.

2 people like this.
  4. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post, I agree with you

5. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I can't quit you, Sabanfan.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"Here's what I got for all of you ! " (The double Falcon salute)

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

One of the questions to ask is what did the Falcons know and when did they know it ? Some of the talking sports heads today were calling them out alleging they knew of Vick's involvement in dog fighting but turned their heads. What a mess. Potentially sacrificing millions of dollars in order to watch and be involved in dogs being killed, tortured and mamed. Pretty moronic if you ask me.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There's almost no way they knew about this before the Schaub trade.

It's interesting that Vick told Goodell in April that he had nothing to do with the dogfighting ring. That doesn't bode well for Ookie Mexico.

I don't really think it matters that he's not a classic repeat offender. The American public is much more sensitive about this topic than your average traffic citations or even assaults. Or even murder allegations. Strange, but true. There's typically at least a semblance of a good excuse on an assault charge, but the dogfighting and torture of animals is inexcusable on any level.

The more I think about this, the worse I think it's going to be. How can Vick come back from this?

Keep in mind, this is a FEDERAL indictment. There's a world of difference between some county DA going after you and the Feds going after you. The competency of the prosecuting and investigatory teams is generally much higher, and the punishments are more severe (and not subject to "going away" like you see on a state level.)

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats known as the dirty birds, cmon.

vick would have been better off murdering a few people. the overreaction of the public is something to behold. it doesnt help that every football fan is jonesing so the timing of this during the dead period is making it 100x worse.

if it was midseason it surely wouldnt be getting as much play.

most always, the feds have their case made before they choose to pursue it...unless it involves bonds. So its not likely to end well for oookie plus there is no parole if convicted in a federal case which could be bad for his career.

then again, he has loads of money and loads of talent. this isnt you or me they are chasing. He will somehow avoid time and land on another team before all is said and done.

Or at worst, he can just search for nicole's killer on the golf course.

1 person likes this.
  10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

NO, Killing cows for food is totally different. They are not suffering through a fight like these dogs. These dog fights can last 5 or 6 hours, which means one or both of the dogs are suffering for some time, which is totally ridiculous.

And about the person in the ghetto with no education, who's fault is that? Get a frickin JOB. Technical College is not very expensive, go get a trade. You don't have to fight dog's to feed your family.