Vick indicted on dog fighting probe

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 17, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i understand its senseless. what if someone ate them after, would it be ok?

suffering is suffering. one doesnt care if the other suffers more as they are dying. its not relative.

my point being, just because we decide one animal makes a nice fur or belt or whatever, we view it with indifference since it serves our purpose.

lets say a person in the ghetto who fights dogs for a living to feed his family, he sees it as serving his purpose as well even though we see it as insane.

dude has no education or means to make a living outside that. he sees it no differently than a guy who lops off heads of chickens everyday for KFC. its all perspective.

2. tirk

what a leap of faith that is, even for your convict athlete loving self. nice try though.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Actually, probably so. I still wouldn't be a big fan of barbaric death methods, but it wouldn't be so bad, IMO.

No doubt about it. That's why animals are on the planet. By the same token, we should not abuse them for our entertainment. It's a basic respect of living creatures. It's like anti-poaching laws, or hunting for sport. I hate hunting for sport, and I generally don't like catch and release fishing, which sucks, because I'd love to go deep sea fishing for some big game. I probably will be entirely hypocritical at some point and do it anyway.

Not really, IMO. We put all sorts of limits on what people can do to make a living. Sure, some are pretty irrational like criminalizing marijuana.

But make no mistake -- competitive dog fighting is not a job for the undercapitalized. Hence, Vick's heavy involvement.

4. NoLimitMD

You know as well as anyone about my stance on criminal athletes. For the most part, I love 'em. As such, I'll give them an illogically big benefit of the doubt. Adam presents me with a difficult conundrum, because he absolutely massacres the Texans. Of course, without Carr handing out gift baskets, that should be cut down some.

I actually forgot another category -- DWI death, which arose as part of the Leonard Little Rule.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i don't know if its the meds or the blonde thing, but i don't get it. wtf does okie have to do with that pos?

1 person likes this.
  6. NoLimitMD

7. tirk

so the name of the place was Bad News Kennel.

looks like its the dogs' fault for knowingly going in.

seriously, that name doesnt help his case.

8. NoLimitMD

Wrong. It was Bad Newz Kennels, named after his original 'hood, Newport News, aka Bad News.

I guess if I started a kennel, I'd have to call it "Big Red Stick Up Weaker Dog Arse Kennelz."

9. tirk

arthur blank has to be on the red phone with daunte as we speak. theres no 2 ways about it.

correct on the schaub thing. what timing. the falcons are doomed.

10. NoLimitMD

Freaking beautiful, though I still hate how my Fins managed the QB situation. Imagine that, I'm pretty comfortable with the formerly inept Texans brass, and completely distrustful of the inept Fins brass. The Fins at least have been inept for much longer than the Texans on the QB issue.

I'm captivated by what Goodell's response is going to be. This isn't some secondary star. This is one of the biggest stars in the league. One helluva test for sure.