Vick Accepts Plea Deal

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Aug 20, 2007.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I dont care who it is....

For example, I think Chase Pittman should have spent a year in jail.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I understand all this will cost Vick over $80 million. Boy, that was an expensive dog fight. Serves him right.

4. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope he gets what is coming to him.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

looks like the hokie will be in the pokey.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Despite how any of us feel about degree of punishment Vick should receive, it appears that this commissioner is the new sheriff in town. Stories of athletes screwing up and the attitude it betrays is one of the primary reasons I rarely watch/enjoy professional sports today.

When you consider the sense of entitlement that many rich people feel, which includes very young athletes, who for the most part learn their own sense of entitlement at an early age from schools looking the other way, will the stern actions of this commissioner reverse a current trend that seems out of control in the NFL, and in other sports? I don't refer to any specific action, but rather the lack of real accountability that allows so many of our pro athletes to act outside of the parameters that you and I uphold everyday.

Is this a blip on the radar or will we have a meaningful change in the future?

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The idiocy of the black community never ceases to amaze me when things like this happen. Quite frankly many in the black community are responsible for keeping race problems what they are because of asinine attitudes like this. Can anyone explain this? Vick is about to plead guilty but some still think he is innocent.

8. lsufaninmiss

The best thing I can come up with is Stupid is as Stupid does. They just don't understand. He has ruined his own career. People need to understand that he is responsible for his own actions.

I try and teach the kids at the kindergarden where I work at just that. They are responsible for what they do. If they do something wrong, then they go to time out.

Michael Vick is fixin to go to time out.

1 person likes this.
  9. lsufaninmiss

I am hoping that this judge (whoever he is) is the kind of judge that people are saying that he is. I have read and heard that he is the kind of judge that likes to sentence towards the maximum sentence.

I am just hoping that he lives up to that.

It never hurts to hope for something.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

ESPN now reporting that the State of Virginia may bring charges as well. The punishment phase is potentially much harsher, so I suppose Mr. Vick could wind up in prison for longer than originally thought.