Vick Accepts Plea Deal

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Aug 20, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

according to CNN.

Much more will come later, I'm sure.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I hope he get's raped in jail.

4. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

That is good news. I hope he gets shanked by a skinhead.

5. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Michael Vick, among other things, is certainly guilty of being stupid. I guess he thought it was worth taking the chance.

Vick to reporters outside of the courthouse: " Now you people can quit hounding me ! Hot dog, that sure was a poor choice of words. "

Haven't seen where the feds have commented yet on this alleged plea agreement. Supposedly, a grand jury was meeting today to consider additional chargres that included racketeering. What an odd twist if the government told him, "sorry, no deal" .

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This should come as a surprise to...no one.

I was listening to the NFL network on Sirius over the weekend and they had Sal Palantonio on for a long time discussing the Vick situation. Sal said everyone expected Vick to make a plea and he fully expects Goodell to hand down a lifetime ban. Sal made it a point to mention that Vick told both the Commish and the dirty birds he was innocent of the charges. This plea goes completely against those statements and Vick basically lied to everyone. Not good. Goodell will use the gambling aspects of the case to justify a lifetime ban but will leave Vick with some wiggle room to apply for re-instatement at a later date...MUCH later.

It was also mentioned the only reason the deal probably wasnt made Friday is that Vick was essentially in denial. He still doesnt think what he did was wrong and it took his attorney's the weekend to point out how we was pretty much stranded on an island by himself.

Isnt it funny how he all of a sudden "cleaned up' those dreadlocks and ratty facial hair once he was charged? I think everyone could spot his phony act a mile away. I think we can say goodbye to Vick and his thugness for quite some time.

8. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides being a scum bag, Michael Vick is a big fat liar.

I was just watching something about him on ESPN, and they were doing a time line thing on his stupid life.

The interviewer asked him what he wanted people to know about him, and he had the gall to say that he loved animals. What a liar. I hate liars. He is a bigger liar than my husbands sister, and believe me, she is a liar. Vick is a stupid liar.

I hope he NEVER plays football again.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I highly doubt they would actually go to trial on RICO charges anyway. They're notoriously tough to prove and Vick would probably fight them.

I think it's funny that the media keeps harping on what the prosecutors and defense attorneys are "negotiating." Keep in mind, the prosecutors can only RECOMMEND a sentence and the judge is under no obligation to accept it. That's part of the admonishments you get from the judge when you plead guilty. Apparently this judge is a "throw the book at 'em" type, meaning he leans to the max allowable under the statute -- not what the prosecutors recommend.

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

One more thing -- if he is sentenced to more than one year, rest assured that he will not be going to a Club Fed kind of prison. Beyond them being somewhat rare now anyway, he would probably end up in a medium security prison. That is not a nice prison.

1 person likes this.