~Very Important Weekend for LSU Recruiting~

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lprimo, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I hope youre right. That would be huge. LSU may also have Jones as well. That would give us 3 5star players. This will be a top 5 class for sure, with those guys jumping on board we will certainly be in the top 3. I dont think we can pass Texas or USC, but nonetheless LSU will an exceptional class.

Only thing, LSU is competing with Florida over a lot of the same players, I wonder if Florida playing for and possibly winning the title would sway recruits over to their side? LSU is a young team, but so is Florida. They gonna be stacked again next year.

2. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

I see UF struggle at QB, even though they have Tebow. He's gonna have trouble running QB sneaks all game. He's good, but very young...and He'll face alot of top Defense next year. The major factor will be that he dosent have Leak (Sr) to fall back on, and he'll try to do too much.

3. bayou_bandit74

I thought about that is well. Tebow isnt a good passer yet, but no one can stop him from running. Using Tebow and Harvin in that option Meyer likes will be hell to stop. They should have a great D again like usual. With quick slants, Tebow wont really need to get a great passer or quick at reading a D. They will have to play honest, so he shouldnt have complex coverages to read. I would throw tons of blitzs like Muschamp to keep the off kilter.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Just because he doesn't pass does not mean he is not a good passer. I think people will be surprised next year with how well he thows the ball. He had a couple of good games throwing the ball this year albeit against weak opposition.

5. bayou_bandit74

I dont think Tebow is a bad passer. Its just not his strong suit as of yet. I think he will be adequate to say the least. As I said before with his ability to run the option and the emergence of Harvin, defenses will have to play honest. So he will have his oppertunities to make plays passing. Florida will be a hell of a good team next year.

6. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

dont underestimate tebow, we are going to hate him for a couple years.

all these top recruits are very exciting. i dont care if we are top 5 in recruiting really toher than to impress future top recruits. we need to address our needs which are OLine, DBs, and WRs. i think we are doing well with all, although DBs could use some more help.

7. bayou_bandit74

I agree that we are in big need of DBs. Im not too concerned about OL. Between last year and this year we have some pretty good prospects. Im not worryed about WR, last year was a good class and this year is looking good. This could be an exceptional class at WR for LSU. On the other hand at DB we are in major need for prospects. Especially with the fact we will lose both Jackson and Zenon at CB and Steltz at safety next year.

8. houston tiger

houston tiger Founding Member

are we losing any WR's?

9. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Bowe and Davis

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Unless you're worried they are going to UCLA, that does bode well for us