~Very Important Weekend for LSU Recruiting~

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lprimo, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Jason Peters wins Gatorade Louisiana High School player of the year. First time in a decade a local player has won the award. There were false reports that he commited to ND. However, that makes me worry a little.

Past winners:

Travis Minor

Recent:

Charles Scott
    Ryan P.
    Early Doucet

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Chad Jones & Joe McKnight, Louisiana's top 2 recruits this year, were both at the USC - UCLA game. Have to believe that bodes well for us...

3. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I sure hope so, we could use both of them. Ive had a bad feeling about McKnight not staying in state, I hope Im wrong. Jones would definitely get a lot of playing time next year as would McKnight. Im more confident about Jones.

I noticed that Florida is now in the running for Blackwell. Before Rivals just had it down to LSU, Bama, and ND. Now they have Florida added as well.

Hopefully Toliver, Scott, and Barksdale were impressed today. Any one of or combination of our visitors today would be some big commits.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Well the bandwagonning USC fans couldn't have helped USC's cause...but I'm sure they're having a great time and getting laid by a hot chick right this minute. Jones leaving state would be a big shock, Joe seems genuinely 50/50 at this point, the longer it goes the better the home team usually fares.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A very important weekend for recruiting it was indeed. Wow, everything Ive heard has just been so good. We may have a pretty big silent verbal right now, and everything just seems to be going really well with this class. Even Barksdale, who was considered a Ohio St lock, is really considering LSU. All I can say is, watch the Army all-American game - there will be lots of good news!

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

When is that game cparso?

7. bayou_bandit74

From what Ive read it seems like the weekend went really well. On Rivals they said Toliver has his choices narrowed and its about 50/50 with LSU and Im assuming USC or Florida. With Scott it appears he is down to LSU or Oklahoma. Francois and Davis from in state were also there this weekend. Hopefully they choose right, and choose :helmet:

8. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Tolivers about 60/40 LSU

9. bayou_bandit74

The way things are sounding it would appear that Davis is a LSU lock. The LSU coaches were using him to try to persuade Barksdale to come to LSU. Must have worked because he rated the visit an 11, same thing he rated OSU. Still in all, LSU is in the running for his signing. Its a two way battle. I really hope we get Toliver because I dont think McKnight is coming. We really need Scott as well. Hopefully we can beat out Oklahoma.

Ron Brooks, a WR is another big name who is coming to town, but that wont be until next month.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Davis is LSU bound for sure and I would say francois is as well....