Very desperate or VERY Smart?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I knew it - it’s Bellichick

shane0911 and XXL TideFan like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Pretty sure Aranda has been considered. He might not have interviewed well.

3. lsu-i-like

From some of the things attributed to Woodward, I feel like this is a real possibility.

4. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

I have from the get go and always hoped it would be if it wasn't Aranda. Joe Brady's name has been brought up on this board several times, but frankly I don't think he's ready for a HC job. There are others however like Byron Leftwich who's name I have heard brought up several times in sports as a potential NFL HC. Now I'm not implying that he's in the running for the LSU job, but I'm sure there are others like Leftwich that would jump at the opportunity to get at a HC job with the NFL caliber talent that LSU has, and would probably take the job for less $ than what was rumored was offered to Riley.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Feels like Rhule to me. I want Aranda but if it is to be announced this week I don’t see how that works for Aranda.

6. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

What I found: LSU Football: Buyout information for potential Tigers candidates (usatoday.com)

FTA: The Matt Rhule idea comes from Fox Analyst Joel Klatt, who stated that he doesn’t believe the former Baylor coach is sold on the NFL. His top assistant is Joe Brady, wouldn’t that be something for the duo to return? Brady doesn’t like recruiting, so that makes it not as likely. Rhule feels more like a college coach, who wins wherever he goes.

What we think we know:

For Rhule to be in play, that likely means no hire being made well into January and ignoring the early signing period. Seems farfetched for a coach to leave the NFL for college on his own accord. Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino were the last to do it over a decade ago.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Only because you've preconditioned Woodward's success on your preconditions.

Perple and Winston1 like this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yep word is fickells long been out. Woody thinks he has his guy. Dunno who that guy is.

9. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

IDK who Woodward is going to hire, but it needs to be the correct Fit. The correct fit matters as much or more than any swing for the fence coach he can hire. It needs to be someone who is invested in creating culture, wants to build the program, wants to be all in at LSU, realizes they can win SEC Championships and win Natty's at LSU, and wants to stay at LSU doing it. Dabo is a great example of that. He does not want to leave Clemson for Bama. He can win championships at Clemson. He was not a swing for the fence, big fish hire, but Clemson got it right and he's created something more than tangible there. That's the kind of hire Woodward needs to make. Of anyone on the "list" I think Aranda fits that bill pretty well.

Herb, HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

A swing for the fence may not necessarily mean the biggest name but the best guy for us. When you consider the Joe screw up with O that would make sense. I don't care if we hire Mickey Mouse as long as he keeps us clean and winning. And btw MM called and said he is available for 1million a month, and Disney can suck it!

lsu-i-like and tigerace like this.