USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

I feel like this is all a bit unfair. There's tons of stuff going on at all big college football programs... let's not kid ourselves, even LSU has done some stuff we are not proud of. It's not like they were pumping the kids with steroids.

I don't know, I just feel like other schools are acting all high and mighty when they have done things as bad or worse than USC, just that the NCAA targeted USC and not them.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

are you kidding? have you been drinking cardinal koolaid? the bush deal alone, was a mountain of moola to his family. add to that mayo, and it appears a player (or players) on the womens tennis team.

nope, they deserve every bit of it.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

What do you believe to be fair? Give em a pass? Let sh!t like this continue just cause?

What would you have done?

Let coaches open up practices and expose players to trash from the sidelines and in no time you have the NFL jr. division. These players are student athletes who already have an advantage over the rest of the academic community. Start throwing sh!t at em and before you know it you have a university loaded in thugs, lead by thugs. I mean, is this not the first reason we all love college ball before the NFL?

1 person likes this.
  4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Wash it down with some O J!!

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The reason other fans and schools are "enjoying" this is the arrogance of USC and the "we are bigger than college football" attitude that has prevailed since Slimy Pete took the reins. He is responding with vitriol because the NCAA report takes direct hits on him, that he really can't refute. He can say he didn't know about the money to Busy but not the hiring of the extra coach, the hiring of players as interns and the lack of policing the handling of recruits on campus and "hangers ons" on the sidelines and locker room. To the contrary he was in charge of all of the above, failed miserably and isn't man enough to admit he made mistakes. I hope the Seahawks lose every single game he coaches by fifty points.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Saw this on the USC board, and no they have not slowed down on the denial. But this is a post from a bama fan explaining what the penalty will do to them in reality. I guess I had not worked out the numbers myself, but it looks pretty ugly after all.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I read that the other day. Bama fan trying to console the Trojans after Bama by relating his experience from the Bama punishment.

LSU basketball got hit pretty hard when Brady took over. I think the sanctions being doled out fit the crime.

8. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

This is going to be the end of SC, the dynasty. They'll never recover from this, not from the accumulated hits of all those lost scholarships, Oklahoma and Texas joining their conference, resurgent ND with Brian Kelly, a conference that was already getting better before the addition of the Big 12 schools, etc...

Have you looked at the SC players? Of course, they've been roidin' up.

When ND played against SC, it was so obvious that that the SC players were taking steroids. They were so much stronger and bigger, it was like men playing against boys.

For their linebackers, it was obvious 3 out of the 4 were roided up- Brian Cushing had bigger breasts than some of the women I've seen at ND, Clay Matthews walked onto SC as a 166 pound special teams player before ripping himself up to a 240 pound linebacker, Rey "We Own the Cops" had a bad case of roid rage, etc..

For years, ND forums had been abuzz with rumors about S in SC standing for steroids just like there had rumors all these years about Reggie Bush was taking money. Bush had been all set to sign with ND but then mysteriously switched over to SC, right after his step-dad started to drive a brand new car...

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Cheating....steriod use allegations...paying players like Reggie Bush...

My problem with USC has always been the fact that they are the darlings of the press....specifically the AP.

This problem will only get worse (despite sanctions and probation) because,thanks to the internet, the newspaper industry is in their death throes and they're more likely to kiss USC's arse even more that before. There's just too many subscriptions in that part of SoCal. :dis:.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not to say that the allegations against SC aren't somewhat founded, but the same could be said of LSU's size when we played ND in the Sugar Bowl. ND just doesn't get the same size players as some of the big programs. Now that said, I wouldn't be surprised if SC players were roided up, then again I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of college players that are. Just like SC took the wrath of the NCAA for their "lack of institutional control" in the Bush/Mayo scandals, but more than anything it was a message to all big programs that if you get caught doing this, like many do, you will pay the price.