USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

they could have found out that Pete Carroll was giving 100 bucks a tackle that season, and 20 bucks for every yard gained by individuals and the AP still wouldn't overturn anything. That championship is a joke anyway. That would be like the Advocate claiming that LSU were champs in years they weren't.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Well yeah, that is what makes it so pathetic. SC is the AP's poster child. AP drops SC and a whole new series of threads like "does the AP stay or geaux to the big 10" take over. AP stays and all folks can say is "neat" and move on. The lesser of two evils.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Unbelievable comments. Beyond arrogant, its delusional. His comment to the journalist seems like he may have been a bit loaded, too, or he is just simply an idiot - probably the latter.

What do people think about the ruling today that juniors and seniors can now sign with other teams? I suppose its unlikely players from SoCal would be looking to go to BR at this stage, and don't know if LSU would have room anyway. Thoughts?

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Do the sanctions begin today or wait for USC's appeal which could take 10 mos?

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my understanding is they are on hold till after appeal.

but usc would be foolish to drag this out. most players and recruits thinking of bailing probably wouldnt want to chance an appeal being lost so with their reputation, it begins now. but if they drag it out and delay the official start date, it just goes on longer.

but, usc is the epitome of arrogant and foolish, so they may very well appeal till the cows come home.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This is wonderful, but what pisses me off, is the way Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush keep saying "we will continue to cooperate with the NCAA, and the University with the appeal process"

Continue to Cooperate? Exsqueeze me? I hope this does go to court so they can have the threat of being thrown in the clink for perjury.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

It will never go to court. USC can posture all they want but the discovery process with sworn depo's and testimony would unravel the mess even more. Nobody could hide and there would probably be dozens of smoking guns.

I rarely look at other teams message boards but I had to go look at USC's yesterday. Hilarious! All the chest thumping and threats of suing the NCAA is pure comedy. Basically the same thing I heard from Bama fans when they got hammered. Ultimately they will shut up and be forced to eat that $hit burger anyway.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I hope it's a Triple Whopper and hold the Mayo. :rofl:

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

NICE!!