USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i wonder what the goin rate is for walk-on's?:hihi:

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

USC won't stand in the way of players that want to leave. I would bank on it.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

4. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I have not seen this posted here yet. A reminder why I cannot stand USC. It has nothing to do with USC per se or the media's infatuation with them. It's because the media was so in love with them despite Pete Carroll being, IMO, an arrogant fakety fake lying fake douche scumbag who is also a fake:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7RvG_FpBY[/media]

I mean, I don't like Kiffen, but I pity USC for hiring him. Kiffen doesn't piss me off...stupid doesn't have the power to do that. Pete, on the other hand...if there's one thing I HATE about USC's current status is that the main person responsible isn't the one paying the penalty.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. just a wee bit disingenuous. but ya gotta admit, those acting lessons paid off. that he was able to say "shocked" with such a straight face was mighty impressive.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

What a dick.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Was not expecting to read this:

The NCAA threw the book at storied Southern California on Thursday with a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games for improper benefits to Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush dating to the Trojans' 2004 national championship.

USC was penalized for a lack of institutional control in the ruling by the NCAA following its four-year investigation. The report cited numerous improper benefits for Bush and former basketball player O.J. Mayo, who spent just one year with the Trojans.

The coaches who presided over the alleged misdeeds -- football's Pete Carroll and basketball's Tim Floyd -- left USC in the past year.

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

USC beat Oklahoma in the BCS title game on Jan. 4, 2005, and won 12 games during Bush's Heisman-winning 2005 season, which ended with a loss to Texas in the 2006 BCS title game.

The BCS is likely to force Southern California to vacate its national championship. BCS executive director Bill Hancock says in a statement Thursday that the presidential oversight committee will meet soon to discuss whether USC will be stripped of its title.

If that happens, there will be no BCS champion for the 2004-05 season.
    Hancock said no action would be taken by the BCS until the appeal is heard.

The NCAA says Bush received lavish gifts from two fledgling sports marketers hoping to sign him. The men paid for everything from hotel stays and a rent-free home where Bush's family apparently lived to a limousine and a new suit when he accepted his Heisman in New York in December 2005.

The NCAA found that Bush, identified as a "former football student-athlete," was ineligible beginning at least by December 2004, a ruling that could open discussion on the revocation of the New Orleans Saints star's Heisman. Members of the Heisman Trust have said they might review Bush's award if he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA.
    The rulings are a sharp repudiation of the Trojans' decade of stunning football success under Carroll, who won seven straight Pac-10 titles and two national championships before leaving for the NFL's Seattle Seahawks last January. Floyd resigned last June, shortly after he was accused of giving cash to a middleman who helped steer Mayo to USC.

USC punished with two-year football postseason ban - ESPN Los Angeles

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This article probably tells you a lot about why USC got hammered so bad. Its unimaginable an athletic director at an institution like USC is publicly displaying this kind of arrogance and contempt. How does this guy even have a job today?

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Is that really what they think it's all about? Nothing to do with anything else. Just envy? Why? They haven't won any national championships in football... (wakka wakka)

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It was worth the wait. If USC loses its appeal it could also lose its national championship. It's a great day. I just hope the sanctions are not reduced.